Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row

Franchise »

The Saints Row games have traditionally been open-world, mission-based crime-themed games. The gameplay shares similarity to that of the Grand Theft Auto series.

New Saints Row potentially in development

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    No Caption Provided

Not too much of a surprise given the popularity of the series. I'm curious to see where the series will go after SRIV's ending. I believe they had stated that the direction of the series would be changed after SRIV.

My favorite's still SR2 because of its fantastic balance between silliness and emotionally resonant story moments that were actually sincere.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems rather soon for them to already be doing voice over for a full new game...maybe it's for new DLC for IV?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Huh, I wonder if he got mixed up by saying a new SR game and is actually only recording for a new SRIV DLC pack. After all, Jay voiced Dane Vogel in SR2, so he might be reprising that role as the latest 'revival' for SRIV.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Seems rather soon for them to already be doing voice over for a full new game...maybe it's for new DLC for IV?

DLC is definitely what I was thinking as well, which is why I added the "potentially."

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5 MattyFTM  Moderator

It's not uncommon for voice work to be done before a game is announced. I mean, any voices that are going to appear in the first trailer for the game will have to be done prior to any announcement. If they're planning on doing an early 2014 reveal, now is the right time to be doing the first round of voicework.

I mean it could be DLC, but I don't think the timing is evidence that it's not a full new game.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By AlexGBRO

of course they are making a new one but don't expect it until 2015 or 2016

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Shocker!

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone that loved SR2, Saints Row 3 was good, but I have not even played 4 yet because I just did not care for the style it went for. I mean I love the humor, but the art style and some of the mini games just got too repetitive.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

The real question is whether a new saints row will continue with the characters or be a reboot. I feel like story wise they've written themselves into a wall (kind of) but I love my Boss too much to see her go. The only solution? Alternate dimension jumping.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By wjb

Unless they got something big for next-gen, I'd rather the take a break and do something else if there was indeed a new game coming in the next few years.

4 was a fine game, but the cracks were there.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't be surprised either if Jay Mohr doesn't know the difference between DLC and an actual new game. Pfft...what a maroon. Just because you were that asshole Bob Sugar in Jerry Maguire from like, 17 years ago doesn't make you a big shot, Mohr!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee
    @jeanluc said:

The real question is whether a new saints row will continue with the characters or be a reboot. I feel like story wise they've written themselves into a wall (kind of) but I love my Boss too much to see her go. The only solution? Alternate dimension jumping.

I'd say it's the opposite, given that they cannow literally do whatever the Hell they want, and take the series into any number of directions. I think it'd be really neat if they release the next Saints Row in an episodic format, with each episode related to a different setting/time period courtesy of their newfound time-travelling capabilities.

A reboot could also be interesting, too. As someone else who's favourite is also SR2, I wouldn't be opposed to Volition trying to recapture the balance that game had in terms of serious drama, and flamboyent lunacy.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

fuck yes! on just generally more saints row! whether it be dlc or a new game.

saints row 4 is my favorite in the series, loved it to pieces. if thats the tone going forward, then i cant wait.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Isn't Jay Mohr's character dead anyway? Seems more like DLC if indeed he'll be reprising his role.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.