How do you feel about the new look?

#1 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1171 posts) -
#2 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1171 posts) -

I recently just downloaded the first episode of Season 3 and I'm a little disapointed in it. I feel like the graphics make it look like and feel like some other game. I used to love how cartoony the old seasons looked and I was just wondering what you guys thought.

#3 Posted by Mayu_Zane (608 posts) -

I love the new look. It shows a more gritty setting which befits the duo's dark humor. The textures are more detailed, the backgrounds show that more effort was spent in design. Of course, all this is just because of my aesthetic tastes.  Now that we know they live in New York, I feel pleased to see a more New York-ish backdrop.

#4 Posted by Hamst3r (4481 posts) -

The new look is fantastic.

Something I've always been a fan of is when cartoon-ish designs have a more realistic treatment done to them, like how most Pixar films are. I'd love to see Telltale Games go even further with the look while retaining the cartoon designs.

#5 Posted by Dalai (7019 posts) -

It's still quite cartoony. It's certainly more current-gen and yeah, a bit grittier, but I love the look. Then again, I also really liked the old style, too.

#6 Posted by Lobst (151 posts) -

The dramatic lighting, dynamic camera angles, detailed bumpmaps, and real-time shadows are all essential!  They make it feel way more like the comics than any of the other seasons did.  I totally love it!

#7 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

They look the same to me :/

#8 Edited by Evilmetal (468 posts) -

who cares about the graphics, I didn't notice anything... however look at the controls! they've changed dramatically, for PC. Maybe for console people it's more of the same?

#9 Edited by SmokinDan (2 posts) -
 @Evilmetal said: 

" who cares about the graphics, I didn't notice anything... however look at the controls! they've changed dramatically, for PC. Maybe for console people it's more of the same? "

If you use a gamepad it controls great.        

I love the new look. There's still some great colours floating around on top of the grit and I love all the incidental New York details; especially some of the billboards. 

#10 Posted by arca (134 posts) -

Looks pretty similar to me, but they look great.

#11 Posted by laussica (181 posts) -

Im really enjoying it and the new look is awesome, i think its a welcome improvement 
Can't wait for the next episode (in may)

#12 Posted by MDKazuo (14 posts) -

The new eyebrows kind of bothered me at first, but when I got used to it I started loving it.

#13 Posted by LiquidSaiyan3 (460 posts) -

I didn't notice much of a difference at first. The main thing that stood out for me were the eyebrows which work great IMO.

By the way, anyone playing on PS3? I've been noticing some framerate hiccups and was wondering if anyone else was having the same experience. I wished they would have put more polish on this port

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.