Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Samurai Shodown Anthology

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 02, 2009

This compilation includes 6 Samurai Shodown games on one disc.

Samurai Shodown Anthology PSP

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Really looking forward to this both on PSP and Wii. I think it's safe to assume this wont have the sound issues the first game had on Neo Geo Collection on PSP. 

March 10th in the U.S.

Samurai Shodown Anthology PSP

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By suneku

That's awesome, I'm PSPless till Dissidia comes out though. By that time I'm going to get a new PSP or actually put my old PSP back together. But when I do, I'm definitely playing this.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

Have any of you US peeps got this yet?, if you have or intend to, I'm looking forward to finding out how it's turned out.

I think I may import a PSP copy on the weekend, but I hope to see a review or two before then.

Released in 1993, Samurai Shodown remade the fighting genre by introducing weapons-based combat. With it victory was made possible with a single stroke and the popularity of the genre soared.
    Released in 1994, Samurai Shodown II featured special moves like weapon-breaking and an increased total of 15 playable characters, as the cocky Haohmaru gladly pursues forces that seeks to destroy him.
    Released in 1995, Samurai Shodown III featured a fighting system overhaul that made it possible for players to choose from two sword types, as well as three levels of ability when entering into a duel.
    Released in 1996, Samurai Shodown IV introduced multiple combo elements, such as slashes, sneak attacks and suicides to the fighting system as well as time limits making for more possibilities and ratcheted action.
    Released in 2003, Samurai Shodown V increased the number of playable characters to 24, including four that are entirely new and introduced new features like "Sword Gauge" and "Concentration One."
    Released in 2005, Samurai Shodown VI features 2D and 3D backgrounds, a large cast of playable characters from the entire series and the "spirit select" system, w
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_

I have no intention of buying it, sorry :-|

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.