2.5 stars 2.5/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews spread across 3 releases and 0 DLC

Pretty Pictures on a Poor Platformer 0

Download Size: 1.2GBTime Played: 3.5 hrs.Levels Finished: 14/21What I'd Pay: $5Steam Price (4/15/12): $10If only Scarygirl's gameplay matched the stylistic prowess shown. The dark, cartoony graphics are the first thing that comes to mind about this game, and they certainly stand out, but everything else in this game falls too short of the mark for the graphics to prop it up.For example, the second thing I remember is how it smacks of a rushed port from Xbox Live. The controls are fixed to certai...

Pretty, painful 0

My first exposure to Scary Girl -- the gothic storybook creation of Australian artist Nathan Jurevicius -- came in 2009 with the official Flash game. Part platformer, part adventure game I loved looking at the 2D art but didn’t care much for actually playing it. Three years later and I’m surprised to see a Square Enix published follow-up as a full-fledged side-scrolling 3D platformer. Finally, I’ll get to enjoy a Scarygirl game for its looks and its gameplay... I thought.While it starts out pede...