The SD Hiryu no Ken Gaiden 2 wiki last edited by ReverendHunt on 06/29/14 02:59PM
View full history
SD Hiryu no Ken Gaiden 2 is the sequel to the first SD Hiryu no Ken Gaiden (and is, by proxy, a sequel to the Super Famicom SD Hiryu no Ken). Gaiden 2 adds four new characters, but is otherwise identical to the previous game. However, Gaiden 2 received an updated re-release named SD Hiryu no Ken EX that adds more options.
Both games have a special border if they are used with a Super Game Boy; additionally, Vs. Mode can be played using two SFC/SNES controllers. However, the Super Game Boy runs Hiryu no Ken EX in monochrome mode which causes it to lose most of its color palette.
SD Hiryu no Ken EX additions and changes
- Attack and Defend mode: A mode where one player is designated the Attacker, and the other is designated the Defender. The Attacker has ten seconds to inflict as much damage as they can. For the most part, the Defender can't attack, but some special techniques exist that allow the defender to strike the attacker, ending their turn early. After the turn is over, the roles of Attacker and Defender switch; this continues until a character is KO'd.
- Team mode: The player can choose to fight 2-on-2 battles in Circuit and A&D modes. Health does not refill between rounds, and once the first player is knocked out, the next round starts with the second player.
- Survival mode: The player must defeat as many enemies as they can within a time limit.
- Perfect Challenge mode: Almost identical to Survival, except that the player has absolutely no health.
- Attack commands were modified; most unconventional motions were done away with, and half-circle-forward and half-circle-back moves only require the player to hit three directions (back-down-forward or forward-down-back, respectively).
- EX has dual-support for GB and GBC, while Gaiden 2 is always monochrome.
- Min Min