Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow Complex

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 19, 2009

Reluctant hero Jason Fleming investigates a hidden underground complex to rescue his girlfriend Claire in this Metroid-style action-adventure game.

Is Equipment and items found saved after your first playthough?

CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By CraigAA1028

In Jeff's review he said he "went back to find items he had missed." Does that mean that after beating it and starting a new game I won't have to find everything again? 

I would just keep playing my ending continue save but a story event blocks off some of the map and items there that I missed are gone forever. I don't think I should have to find everything again because the game decided to block off a few items from me.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By asurastrike
    @CraigAA said:
    " In Jeff's review he said he "went back to find items he had missed." Does that mean that after beating it and starting a new game I won't have to find everything again?  I would just keep playing my ending continue save but a story event blocks off some of the map and items there that I missed are gone forever. I don't think I should have to find everything again because the game decided to block off a few items from me. "
    Think about it, if you could start again with all your items, the game would be 5 minutes long because you could go straight to the last boss.
    CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3  Edited By CraigAA1028

But I should be able to do that if I want. Make it so I have to go through all the story events but I have all the equipment. Why should I have to start a new game and recollect the 80% I already have?

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Asurastrike: He means new game plus. Several games do it. It's not unusual. 
    And I wouldn't be surprise if you had to do set events for people to appear.
    kerikxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By kerikxi

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooo.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By jkz

You carry over your level and any unlocks that come along with levels, but you don't carry over your armor. I, too, didn't think about that before triggering the event that blocked off much of the base, and it is pissing me off EVER so slightly, since I need to run through and collect the gold bricks, but I think a lot of them are blocked off *sadface*

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @kerikxi said:

" Short answer: No.  Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooo. "

Short respone: Not funny. 

Long Response: Not funny at all, I hardly even laughed, you fail at making jokes. L2 comedy.  

...lol. 

I admit, that was stupid as hell, IDK why I felt the need to post in this thread.
    Gahzoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Gahzoo
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    "@kerikxi said:

" Short answer: No.  Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooo. "

Short respone: Not funny.  Long Response: Not funny at all, I hardly even laughed, you fail at making jokes. L2 comedy.   ...lol.  I admit, that was stupid as hell, IDK why I felt the need to post in this thread. "

I thought it was humorous. 
    D:
    sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sickVisionz

^ It was a hell of a lot funnier than the comeback response.   

As for the topic, meh.  You sound like my little brother when I play Streets of Rage with him and he complains about how stupid it is that the game won't let him play anymore if he dies too many times.

I don't know man.  Plan ahead and don't suck are the only responses I can think of.  I probably play these games different than most.  As soon as I get a new power i'd go back to all the spot that I saw that color object and clear them out.  My first play through won't win any awards for a speed run but I'll get all the items.

bandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bandro
    @sickVisionz said:
    " You sound like my little brother when I play Streets of Rage with him and he complains about how stupid it is that the game won't let him play anymore if he dies too many times. " 
    But that IS stupid!  This is 2009 and games that still have those trappings shouldn't use older games as an excuse.  Question: If you start a new game and lose everything you spent hours collecting (story based items don't count, but hidden enhancements do), what the fuck is the point in collecting them in the first place?  'Splosion Man was a good example of how to be nutcrushingly difficult without being irritating.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.