Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow Complex

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 19, 2009

Reluctant hero Jason Fleming investigates a hidden underground complex to rescue his girlfriend Claire in this Metroid-style action-adventure game.

Shadow Complex, why can’t I quit you?

irishjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By irishjohn

I don’t go back through games very often.   I loved the original Fable for Xbox, but after I played through the game with a good character, I only played a bad guy long enough to see the horns show up.   I recently played InFamous and absolutely loved it, but again felt a decided lack of interest in playing it again.

These are games that offer the classic good path/bad path option for replayability.   In truth though, I don’t do a lot of “replaying”, which makes the last ten days pretty weird.   Shadow Complex is a short game.   The story, which is normally a big factor in the games I most enjoy playing, is virtually non-existent and kind of predictable (though still a bit fun… G.I. Joe without the licence).   The “metroidvania” concept apes games that I admire but suck at to an exceptional degree.   Despite all this, I started up a new campaign as soon as I finished Shadow Complex the first time round.   I wanted to find more items, all of them if I can manage it in fact, and I want to level my designer t-shirt wearing fratboy avatar up a little.   If I’m still having fun with the game I might actually hit 50.

Foam Party! This is exactly what Ibiza was like in 1997.

What’s going on?   I don’t really know.   True, it’s not the only video game I’m currently playing.   I’m toying with a return to the original Fallout, and I’ve spent a lot of time controlling a dude in a cape with funny ears (more on that another time).   Shadow Complex is, however, consistently a central part of any time I’ve spent in front of the Xbox for the best part of two weeks now.   And I’ve only just started messing around with the challenge packs.

Cyber-bro
    Cyber-bro

I suppose Chair just did a great job with the sheer fun of classic gameplay on this one.   It’s very rare that I actually want to sit down and spend time looking for health packs.   I am by no means a completionist.   I could be using my limited free time doing a bit of extra work, playing other games, or even writing blogs.   Still though, it’s a lot of fun.   You should play some Shadow Complex if you have the means.

irishjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By irishjohn

I don’t go back through games very often.   I loved the original Fable for Xbox, but after I played through the game with a good character, I only played a bad guy long enough to see the horns show up.   I recently played InFamous and absolutely loved it, but again felt a decided lack of interest in playing it again.

These are games that offer the classic good path/bad path option for replayability.   In truth though, I don’t do a lot of “replaying”, which makes the last ten days pretty weird.   Shadow Complex is a short game.   The story, which is normally a big factor in the games I most enjoy playing, is virtually non-existent and kind of predictable (though still a bit fun… G.I. Joe without the licence).   The “metroidvania” concept apes games that I admire but suck at to an exceptional degree.   Despite all this, I started up a new campaign as soon as I finished Shadow Complex the first time round.   I wanted to find more items, all of them if I can manage it in fact, and I want to level my designer t-shirt wearing fratboy avatar up a little.   If I’m still having fun with the game I might actually hit 50.

What’s going on?   I don’t really know.   True, it’s not the only video game I’m currently playing.   I’m toying with a return to the original Fallout, and I’ve spent a lot of time controlling a dude in a cape with funny ears (more on that another time).   Shadow Complex is, however, consistently a central part of any time I’ve spent in front of the Xbox for the best part of two weeks now.   And I’ve only just started messing around with the challenge packs.

Cyber-bro
    Cyber-bro

I suppose Chair just did a great job with the sheer fun of classic gameplay on this one.   It’s very rare that I actually want to sit down and spend time looking for health packs.   I am by no means a completionist.   I could be using my limited free time doing a bit of extra work, playing other games, or even writing blogs.   Still though, it’s a lot of fun.   You should play some Shadow Complex if you have the means.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

I love Shadow Complex and I have played through it four times, mainly because you can complete it in one sitting and then when you need something to play it is still just as great during multiple play throughs.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jonnyboy

Just got My 100% achievement, this afternoon. Then went straight back in to star my third play through! I thought it was just something wrong with me. If you ever find the cure let me know.

Oh yeah and Ibiza in '97, like Shadow Complex in more ways than one, (I think we all lost a girl to a man in funny clothes). I wish they'd bring back foam parties.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

I'm one achievement off from S rank on it (gotta hit level 50).  Needless to say, the game is addicting.  The assumption I can make is that they've added a delicate mix of caffeine, nicotine, and crack-cocaine into the Unreal Engine 3.

irishjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By irishjohn
    @jakob187: You sir are a bit of a hero then.  I'm really not sure if I'll go back for the 13% completion... I'll probably have to look that up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.