Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow Complex

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 19, 2009

Reluctant hero Jason Fleming investigates a hidden underground complex to rescue his girlfriend Claire in this Metroid-style action-adventure game.

Who else is stuck at work when they could be playing this game?

Xander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Xander

I woke up at 5am, but couldn't get Shadow Complex downloaded until about 6am.  I got about an hour in before work.  I was having a good time, finding items, Metroid-style.  Now I can't wait for this work day to be over so that I can start really getting into it!

Anyone else killing time on Giant Bomb until they're set free from work?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

Well, I have to get some work done at my house that I promised myself I would do, but Shadow Complex is right there. It is killing me but I may have to wait until tonight to play it.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By VWGTI

I would love to pick up a 360 to play this game. It sounds great. However, one downloadable game doesn't make the 360's price worth it.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ververdan0226
    @Xander said:
    " I woke up at 5am, but couldn't get Shadow Complex downloaded until about 6am.  I got about an hour in before work.  I was having a good time, finding items, Metroid-style.  Now I can't wait for this work day to be over so that I can start really getting into it!  Anyone else killing time on Giant Bomb until they're set free from work? "
    What's your job?? Do you really have that much downtime?
    Xander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Xander

Computer Programmer.  Work is slow right now.  A couple of weeks ago I wouldn't have had any time at all to kill. I am sufficiently distracted today, however.

vunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vunna
    @ververdan0226 said:
    " @Xander said:
    " I woke up at 5am, but couldn't get Shadow Complex downloaded until about 6am.  I got about an hour in before work.  I was having a good time, finding items, Metroid-style.  Now I can't wait for this work day to be over so that I can start really getting into it!  Anyone else killing time on Giant Bomb until they're set free from work? "
    What's your job?? Do you really have that much downtime? "

Well no he doesn't., the toilets at the train station are not going to clean themselves, but it is tough too concentrate when thinkin about Shadow Complex.
    vunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vunna
    @VWGTI said:
    "I would love to pick up a 360 to play this game. It sounds great. However, one downloadable game doesn't make the 360's price worth it. "

You do know that the 360 has other games right?   

Microsoft was able to finally convince 1 or 2 other companies to create some entertaining software and throw it on a DVD for exclusive use in the console.  It was mostly charity work mind you but still. . .
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By skrutop

Yo!  I'm in training today...want to get this game sooooo bad.  I'd play it tonight, but Wipeout's on!

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VWGTI
    @vunna: 

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Really?

Not shit, guy. Out of the exclusives available on disc only Fable 2 interests me. Everything else that's third party I buy on my PS3.
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By demonbear

Dude, i had time to download it early this morning but didnt play it at all. Plus i work 12.5 hour shifts :( Its a long day.

vunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vunna
    @VWGTI said:
    " @vunna:   Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Really?  Not shit, guy. Out of the exclusives available on disc only Fable 2 interests me. Everything else that's third party I buy on my PS3. "

Each console has exclusives.  I own a 360 since launch but I would love to play games like Uncharted, Little Big Planet. Wipeout HD and Shatter but I cannot right now.   

I don't believe that your being honest in saying that the "other guy" does not have any other interesting games other than 1 after it being out since 2005.  I see your point but think that you are missing out more than you are willing to admit.
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VWGTI
    @vunna: 

That's just my personal taste, man. I don't think the 360 has a terrible game selection. I'm just not much into the exclusives available on that console right now.
    vunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vunna
    @VWGTI: 

Not even something like Splosion Man or Trials HD?? 

I believe you but maybe just surprised??
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hatking
    @vunna said:
    "@VWGTI said:
    " @vunna:   Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Really?  Not shit, guy. Out of the exclusives available on disc only Fable 2 interests me. Everything else that's third party I buy on my PS3. "
    Each console has exclusives.  I own a 360 since launch but I would love to play games like Uncharted, Little Big Planet. Wipeout HD and Shatter but I cannot right now.    I don't believe that your being honest in saying that the "other guy" does not have any other interesting games other than 1 after it being out since 2005.  I see your point but think that you are missing out more than you are willing to admit. "

I don't know, I'm pretty much the same way but with the 360.  Granted there are one or two PS3 exclusives I'd like but most games I enjoy are multiplatform anyway.  I never been super big in the whole adventure game thing so that kills just about all the big exclusives PS3 has.  MGS4 doesn't really interest me either, sure I'd play it if I had a PS3 but I'm not really jealous.  Killzone does look like good fun, but I'm not really keen on the whole competitive online gaming scene, I'm more about downloading new stuff and talking to friends.  The real stuff I'm sort of jealous of the PS3 of is the PSN games, some of them seems really weird and kind of fun.  I'm not saying it is a bad system, I'm just saying it just might not really be worth owning both a 360 and a PS3 at this point...in fact it is pretty obvious to me it is not worth it.
    VampireWhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By VampireWhale

I only got to play like 15 min this morning...going home during lunch to get another half-hour in.

Fnord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16  Edited By Fnord

I was going to wait and download it last night, but my console RRoD'd, so, now I may not get to play it for months.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VWGTI
    @HatKing: 

Amen, dude. At this point the console you have mostly depends on the exclusives it has that interest you. The majority of games are multi-platform so one console is enough.
    JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By JokerClown88

Im stuck at work.  Thankfully im getting off early today for other personal reasons.  I cannot wait to DL this game.  My 2D adventure game itch needs a good scratching. 
    Xander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Xander

Dudes! Let's move the 360 vs. PS3 debate elsewhere!  This topic is for people incarcerated in their offices for the day! Cheers and thanks. :)

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Megalon

My download managed to finish just at the same time I needed to leave for work :( I've got a long day in the lab I work in, and then tickets to a Dodgers game after work...so it's going to be pretty late before I get to play this damn game. Whoa is me. 

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Damian
    @HatKing: @vunna: @VWGTI:  

Now that you all phrase it like that, I find it pretty awesome that the DL Games on each console (having both) make it "worth" (the subjective part) having each. 3 years ago I wouldn't have imagined that being the case. But games like Braid, Flower and probably this are "must-haves" (at least must-play-through) in my book. 
    Would I pay a grand to play all the DLG's I've enjoyed this gen? ... Hmm. Maybe? I suppose we find ways to afford what we really want.

More on-topic: I gotta wait 5 more hours to play Shadow Complex. That will just mean I'll play it 5 hours longer later :)
    vunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vunna
    @Damian said:
    " @HatKing:  @vunna:  @VWGTI:  

Now that you all phrase it like that, I find it pretty awesome that the DL Games on each console (having both) make it "worth" (the subjective part) having each. 3 years ago I wouldn't have imagined that being the case. But games like Braid, Flower and probably this are "must-haves" (at least must-play-through) in my book. Would I pay a grand to play all the DLG's I've enjoyed this gen? ... Hmm. Maybe? I suppose we find ways to afford what we really want. 

Would I love to have both. . .hell yeah.  But right now I just don't have the $500 to buy the PS3, extra controller and a few games.  I bought the 360 at launch and play every type of game except RPGs so I am very, very interested in PS3 exclusives and the PSN games like you mentioned. 

Having both is the best option but just can't swing it.
    vunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vunna
    @Xander said:
    "Dudes! Let's move the 360 vs. PS3 debate elsewhere!  This topic is for people incarcerated in their offices for the day! Cheers and thanks. :) "
    Your soooo right since Giantbomb is all about staying on topic. 

*dripping with sarcasm*
    Ender7884

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Ender7884

This is actually one of the most peaceful debates I've ever read...I usually dont read a full thread because I can't stand all the "I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG!" bull.

On topic - Money is tight at the moment...really want The Beatles and Arkham Asylum...also just bought Madden.  Anyhow, I very much look forward to playing this demo and fighting the temptation to buy this.

Xander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Xander

It's only 15 clams. Come on! :P 

I leave for home in 5 minutes! Woo hoo!

vunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vunna
    @Ender7884 said:
    "

This is actually one of the most peaceful debates I've ever read...I usually dont read a full thread because I can't stand all the "I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG!" bull.

On topic - Money is tight at the moment...really want The Beatles and Arkham Asylum...also just bought Madden.  Anyhow, I very much look forward to playing this demo and fighting the temptation to buy this.

"
    Just trying to keep it classy.   

I'm just not a mental fan boy, I'm a fan of good games.  I like the Microsoft system I have but also like the PS3 since I had both previous Sony consoles.
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By demonbear

Will this work shift ever end????

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#28  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @VWGTI said:
    " I would love to pick up a 360 to play this game. It sounds great. However, one downloadable game doesn't make the 360's price worth it. "
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#29  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @VWGTI said:
    " I would love to pick up a 360 to play this game. It sounds great. However, one downloadable game doesn't make the 360's price worth it. "
    ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ververdan0226
    @Xander said:
    " It's only 15 clams. Come on! :P   I leave for home in 5 minutes! Woo hoo! "
    And from what it looks like, it's worth even more than that...
    TheWiFiJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By TheWiFiJedi

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.