Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadowrun Returns

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jul 25, 2013

Shadowrun Returns is a turn-based RPG created by Harebrained Schemes.

User created modules

Galadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does anyone have any plans for taking advantage of the editor to create their own modules? Personally, half the reason I was looking forward to this game as much as I was, was the editor.

While I don't have huge amounts of time to devote to it, I have already started writing an outline for a module I'm planning. It's based on a couple of lines from Dunkelzahn's Will, but spins off in a completely different direction from there. Ideally I'd like to pair up with someone more artistically gifted than me to produce some new assets for it, but regardless I'm excited by the story telling possibilities in what might be my favourite fictional universe.

So as I say, I'd love to hear other peoples' thoughts on user created content for Shadowrun Returns.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had an idea for a cyberpunk story for quite a while. I am planning a novel around it, but I'm really tempted to try and make a module based on it, either directly or just related.

Main problem would be around the flexibility of the editor to excise fantasy elements as necessary.

Not that I have anything against the setting, but my favourite thing with these styles of editors is to push them in weird directions.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Going to recreate the area my old work was in once I finish the game. All my friends who were co-workers play the game so it should be a blast. Especially since there was so much material to work with. Our office was in a shitty neighborhood with hookers walking the street so the setting is perfect. I am hoping I can create my own tiles easily in order to get a nice authentic look of the area and office interior. I've got 4+ years of material and inside jokes to work with.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

With all the Cyberpunk & Shadowrun stories from the tabletop RPG out there, I'm sure there will be more later for this. I'll have to stop by some of the used bookstores nearby to see what they have for these for some easy story stuff to play with the editor some more after seeing what else the game has to offer.

Galadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having played around with the editor for about an hour now, it seems relatively easy to use. You need to learn some key combinations, such as shift+arrows to rotate objects, or alt+arrows to "nudge" objects around, but once I had that down it took barely any time at all to make a basic building (the outside of it) and some surrounding ground. The only thing I had trouble with was figuring out how lighting works, but I'm assuming that's something a few minutes of reading will remedy.

Also cool was that, for testing the scene, you could import your character from a save file. I believe that holds true for finished modules too. Although that does limit who can play it, as the module would need to be balanced for higher level characters.

For story ideas, if you can find a cheap used copy of one of the core rule books, I recommend it. They contain a history of the Shadowrun world, a reasonable amount of flavour text, as well as general information about how the world works. And unless you plan on playing it pen and paper style, you can just skip over the rules.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.