Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadows of the Damned

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 21, 2011

As demon hunter Garcia "F**king" Hotspur, players must venture into Hell itself in order to rescue Paula, Garcia's innocent girlfriend, from the sadistic torments of Fleming, the Lord of Demons.

Shadows of the Damned: First Impressions

TheCheese33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

Edited By TheCheese33

Shadows of the Damned is absolutely bananas! While it's a fairly linear shooter, the game uses light and darkness effectively for some very unique puzzles and boss battles. The meat of the action involves traversing from Point A to Point B, running towards Fleming's castle in order to rescue your loved one.

That underlying story and the atmosphere around it is the secret sauce that makes Shadows of the Damned so unique. Goichi Suda (who goes by Suda51) brings his unique blend of insanity and love of punk to the table. Your character, Garcia Hotspur, is a foul-mouthed demon hunter who carries around a skull named Johnson. Johnson is your partner/melee/weapon. He can actually turn into all of your different guns; the Teether (your machine gun), the Boner (your pistol, and there's a lot of jokes like that), and the Monocussioner (your shotgun). The guns run through typical upgrade paths, with red gems going towards improving your weapons.

I'll write more when I finish the game, which might be soon. It seems like the game runs at around 8 hours, with the rate that I'm passing through the game (though to be fair, I'm playing on the easiest difficulty, so playing on a harder setting may lengthen your experience with the game).

(originally published on gildedgamepad.wordpress.com)

TheCheese33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1  Edited By TheCheese33

Shadows of the Damned is absolutely bananas! While it's a fairly linear shooter, the game uses light and darkness effectively for some very unique puzzles and boss battles. The meat of the action involves traversing from Point A to Point B, running towards Fleming's castle in order to rescue your loved one.

That underlying story and the atmosphere around it is the secret sauce that makes Shadows of the Damned so unique. Goichi Suda (who goes by Suda51) brings his unique blend of insanity and love of punk to the table. Your character, Garcia Hotspur, is a foul-mouthed demon hunter who carries around a skull named Johnson. Johnson is your partner/melee/weapon. He can actually turn into all of your different guns; the Teether (your machine gun), the Boner (your pistol, and there's a lot of jokes like that), and the Monocussioner (your shotgun). The guns run through typical upgrade paths, with red gems going towards improving your weapons.

I'll write more when I finish the game, which might be soon. It seems like the game runs at around 8 hours, with the rate that I'm passing through the game (though to be fair, I'm playing on the easiest difficulty, so playing on a harder setting may lengthen your experience with the game).

(originally published on gildedgamepad.wordpress.com)

Avatar image for delicious_brains
    Delicious_Brains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Delicious_Brains

Thanks for the write up. I actually only stumbled onto this game today and I was hooked by the videos I watched. Looks like a pretty good story and I've just ordered it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.