Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shenmue

Franchise »

Created by Yu Suzuki, the Shenmue franchise follows the story of Ryo Hazuki, the son of a martial arts master, as he searches for his father's killer. It was groundbreaking in its time, for its impressive graphics, realism, open-world adventure gameplay, real-time weather, NPC schedules, and of course QTE cut-scenes.

Sega should release Shenmue III as a trilogy pack

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Goly

This is so crazy, why Sega still hasn't released this game despite the numerous amount of petitions is hard to understand quite honestly. I'm sure that even people who didn't play the first two games in the first place wouldn't mind at least seeing what the fans are talking about. With the recent trend (and success, I personally still want more) of re-releasing last generation games as trilogies suitable for HD, I don't see how this couldn't work. Whoever is managing Sega clearly has no clue on how much potential this has.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Sega should release Shenmue III as a trilogy pack

I agree.
    FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FlyingRat

I think you're overestimating the potential for them to make money by doing that a little bit. I'm sure quite a few people will buy it, but not Call of Duty amounts or anything. Not even kind of close.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By august

SHENMUE IS THE HOT NEW THING WITH THE KIDS ON THE STREETS

Avatar image for deactivated-5a06726367912
    deactivated-5a06726367912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I love the shenmue games so much, I just want to give them a big hug. But I don't think we'll ever see a Shenmue III.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Yu Suzuki is too insane to try to revive Shenmue Online.

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Goly
    @FlyingRat said:
    " I think you're overestimating the potential for them to make money by doing that a little bit. I'm sure quite a few people will buy it, but not Call of Duty amounts or anything. Not even kind of close. "
    Bah never said call of duty level of success, but you know, profitable, which would be kinda cool for sega once in a while. Anyway yeah sorry if I sounded fanboyish, I just had a nostalgia trip remembering Shenmue and how bad I want the story to end.
    FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FlyingRat
    @Goly said:
    " Bah never said call of duty level of success, but you know, profitable, which would be kinda cool for sega once in a while. Anyway yeah sorry if I sounded fanboyish, I just had a nostalgia trip remembering Shenmue and how bad I want the story to end. "
    I didn't mean that you sounded fanboyish at all, i just wanted to make the point that at the end of the day Sega is still a business. And while there may be people working there that would love to do that, as a business move it's probably not the best thing for them to do. But i could be horribly wrong. I still don't think they'll do it though.
    Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Goly
    @FlyingRat said:
    " @Goly said:
    " Bah never said call of duty level of success, but you know, profitable, which would be kinda cool for sega once in a while. Anyway yeah sorry if I sounded fanboyish, I just had a nostalgia trip remembering Shenmue and how bad I want the story to end. "
    I didn't mean that you sounded fanboyish at all, i just wanted to make the point that at the end of the day Sega is still a business. And while there may be people working there that would love to do that, as a business move it's probably not the best thing for them to do. But i could be horribly wrong. I still don't think they'll do it though. "
    I think you're wrong, but we'll never know until they try it. The hype surrounding shenmue III built since they released shenmue II and discontinued production of the dreamcast is pretty huge. Everyone who is interested in videogames has heard of shenmue, even if they haven't played it. And any guy who plays games casually has probably also heard of it through some friend who's more into gaming and is a fan of the series. Or not,  I mean, I don't know maybe I'm overestimating the popularity of this series and noone really gives a fuck apart from the fanboys. 
    But I'll say one thing, if they hadn't released the Sly trilogy or Prince of Persia trilogy, I would have never gotten the chance to play any of the sly games, and would have never even tried warrior within and two thrones. And I'll be the first in line if they do the same thing for splinter cell and (oh god, please god yes) MGS. Hopefully more people think like this and making a Shenmue trilogy pack or something is a viable option for sega.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.