Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 20, 2003

As the world comes to an end through the acts of a cult's sacrifice, a teenage boy is transformed into the Demi-Fiend, neither fully human nor demon. With opposing forces fighting to shape a new world, he has the power to guide the path of its creation.

Do you know about Shin Megami Tensei games?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

Edited By LordAndrew

I picked up a package today. I wonder what's inside...

[cool video of me opening my mail]

Oh, look. It's Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.
    [cool picture of the game]

I payed out the ass for shipping and customs, but I think I still got it for a pretty good price.

I hope to start playing it after I finish with Persona 4. And I hope to play it for a few days before I get frustrated, toss the game on my shelf, and never look at it again. I'm that good at playing games. :P

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By LordAndrew

I picked up a package today. I wonder what's inside...

[cool video of me opening my mail]

Oh, look. It's Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.
    [cool picture of the game]

I payed out the ass for shipping and customs, but I think I still got it for a pretty good price.

I hope to start playing it after I finish with Persona 4. And I hope to play it for a few days before I get frustrated, toss the game on my shelf, and never look at it again. I'm that good at playing games. :P

jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By jlrm01

My Nocture copy from time to time speaks to me: "Why have you forsaken me for those Persona games? Don't you want to suffer? To know what a truly hard game is and bask in glory when you finally beat me?" My answer is: "Nope."

(In reality I didn't suffer with it... but never finished it. Didn't like it enough to keep going, I guess. Oh, and I don't really hear things. Yeah? You said something?).

[cool picture here, just because]

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru

Dude, you're going to love it. Nocturne is awesome! Unless of course you find it too difficult. It is pretty hard, even on normal.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ

Theres another Shin Megami Tensei coming out for the DS soon, called Devil Summoner. looks pretty great.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LordAndrew

You mean Devil Survivor. There's another Devil Summoner game coming to the PS2 soon, but they're not the same game. :)

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By brukaoru

I pre-ordered the new Devil Summoner even though I won't play it for quite awhile. I'll probably pre-ordering every game I want from Atlus from now on, just because I know they are usually limited supply.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ
    LordAndrew said:
    "You mean Devil Survivor. There's another Devil Summoner game coming to the PS2 soon, but they're not the same game. :)"
    Yeah, that. My bad. GO ATLUS!
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LordAndrew

Yeah, that works. :) I've got it pre-ordered too. I want my Raiho. :)

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Axersia

If you were trying to reference that Video Thing with your topic title you failed. :P

Anyway, SMT3 really isn't that much harder than other recent games in the series (and certainly not the hardest RPG on the PS2; try VP2 and BOF5 -- those games are brutal). The only boss that made me completely revise my party was an early boss called the Matador. Three out of four of my party members (including the Protagonist) had an elemental weakness to him and I didn't have Media on me, so I was pretty much screwed from the beginning. Nothing that spending a few minutes at the Cathedral of Shadows (where you fuse your demons) and gaining a few levels to learn the right attacks couldn't fix, though, and an hour later I was back at the battle and beat him. From what I've heard many others consider him one of the hardest bosses in the game as well, so I guess that sorta makes him SMT3's Yukiko since you fight him so early.

If you've played P3 and P4 you'll probably like this as well, unless the social aspect of those games is really important to you since this is a much more gameplay-focused and solitary experience. Aside from some the conversations you'll have with demons when you try to persuade them into joining your party, you won't be speaking to a whole lot of them, and humans are even harder to find because, y'know, all but a handful are dead because the game pretty much starts you out with the apocalypse (so awesome!)

You'll probably enjoy it, though.

Usagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Usagi

I picked up the reprints of Noctune and DDS1 in the middle of last year, but haven't played them yet.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By kush

Nocturne is one of those "Pile of Shame" games for myself. I've had it for a very long time...I just haven't gotten around to playing it yet and that won't likely be changing anytime soon.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LordAndrew

Hey, thinking up a title for my blogs is hard! I eventually just gave up and went with a Video Thing reference.

Oh, and apparently I only paid $3 for shipping. Thanks Axersia. I don't know what I'm talking about. :D

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By skrutop

Gah!  I am feeling so pressured to pull out the dusty 'ol PS2 and get a copy of Persona 4.  Mysterious Fox demands it...*yip!*

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By zitosilva
    LordAndrew said:
    I payed out the ass for shipping and customs
    Expect other things to happen to that ass once you start playing it, because that thing is hard. I had to swallow my pride and restart on the easier difficulty. I just couldn't get past a boss about half-way through the game.
    Avatar image for deactivated-66389f20962dc
    deactivated-66389f20962dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I played a pretty big chunk of Nocturne and somehow couldn't force myself to finish. Hopefully you'll have a better run at it.

XuShin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By XuShin

Simply a hard game period.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By subject2change

Something i'll pick up soon, picked up Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 and Devil Summoner, pre-ordered Devil Summoner 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.