Last block flicker

#1 Posted by kerse (2114 posts) -

So this game has had some flickering issues the whole time I've played it, but its never really been an issue. But I just got the the 6th block and EVERYTHING FLICKERS, its raping my eyes. Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas how to fix it? I've been messing with various video options but they don't seem to help. Maybe I'll just get used to it, or maybe I'll have a seizure.

#2 Posted by AndrewB (7621 posts) -

So I'm assuming you're using an emulator?

I never had that problem, and that was ages ago with a less mature version of PS2X.

#3 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

I'm playing on a PS2 slim, and I am at floors 160+, never really seen any flickering on any of them, in battle or out.

#4 Posted by Petiew (1349 posts) -

It's only an issue on the PSN version, as far as I know there's no fix and it happens to everyone.

#5 Edited by kerse (2114 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

So I'm assuming you're using an emulator?

I never had that problem, and that was ages ago with a less mature version of PS2X.

Its the PSN version.

@Petiew said:

It's only an issue on the PSN version, as far as I know there's no fix and it happens to everyone.

lame : /

#6 Posted by AndrewB (7621 posts) -

Yeah, I only assumed emulation because it seems crazy they'd release a product with such a known issue on PSN. That sucks.

#7 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Yeh it was rough to keep playing it, but I beat it eventually. It also sucks that the last boss flickers like crazy.

#8 Posted by Chaser324 (6556 posts) -

@Petiew said:

Yeah, I've been playing the PSN version, and I've seen quite a few flickering surfaces. It's unfortunate, but it hasn't really impacted my enjoyment.

Moderator Online
#9 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6992 posts) -

Yeah, it's a problem with the emulation on the PSN version, and it does suck. It didn't really get in the way of how much I enjoyed that game, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.