Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

What'd you think of The Journey's ending?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

(Spoilers are spilling all over the place here, in case you couldn't tell from the title. So beware.)

So what'd everyone think of the ending of The Journey? Before anything about The Answer had been announced or came out, did you assume the MC(main character) lived or died?

I haven't played The Answer yet, so don't spoil anything for me, I only stumbled upon the information that the MC dies in the beginning of it. Unfotunately, I found this out before I finished The Journey. Which conflicts how I should feel about the end of the original game. If I didn't know anything about The Answer, I'd probably just assume he lived, and that Aigis was just crying tears of happiness as she was reunited with everyone. But now that I know that the MC dies, I could definitely the hints at the end of the game.

So my main question is, how did people react to this ending before Persona 3 FES came out or was announced? Did they assume the MC lived, died, or were they just not sure and assumed the ending was left to interpretation?

And if you want to, say if The Answer was worth your time or not. I've heard many bad things. Thanks.

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ashogo

I thought it was a nice, happy ending, with everyone reuniting after a long struggle. I was so wrong...

As for the Answer, I'm just wrapping it up now and I'm personally enjoying it. Your opinion of it will probably depend on how much enjoyed Tarturus grinding, since that's basically what it is; one long dungeon grind with tiny story bits sprinkled through. I've heard that the peak of the story is at the very end, so I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I say try it, you'll know pretty quickly whether or not you want to continue. There's always youtube if you just want the story, but I always feel like that's cheating.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#3  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I am one of the many who got spoiled about the MC dying at the end. Knowing that made it a decidedly bittersweet ending, but I almost wonder if The Answer was even necessary. I haven't spoiled myself on that one yet, but I am having trouble getting into it because of how difficult it is. And, from the brief amount of starting story, I notice that everyone is kind of out of character, especially Yukari (who is kind of a bitch for some reason). But I will finish it. Eventually.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By FlipperDesert

The ending to the Journey made me sad, I had the ending spoiled for me as well. But it should have been left there, or MC should have been revived, made invincible and given a pet walrus with a laser-equipped riding saddle. Seriously, fuck The Answer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.