Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - Story Walkthrough Video

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Atlus have released the following video for the portable version of Persona 3, which arrives in the the US on July 6th.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
    deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

Don't have a PSP but I'm interested in the female MC's social links, and it would probably be the character I'd play through with if I could pick this up as gay as it may sound. :P

The story elements and cutscenes like the first appearance of the shadows look a bit off so I think the female MC is the main draw here.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel
    @Kowbrainz said:
    " Don't have a PSP but I'm interested in the female MC's social links, and it would probably be the character I'd play through with if I could pick this up as gay as it may sound. :P  The story elements and cutscenes like the first appearance of the shadows look a bit off so I think the female MC is the main draw here. "
    The presentation of Persona 3 Portable has been greatly simplified compared to the PS2 version.  Its design outside of the dungeon crawling portion is much more similar to a visual novel than before.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

From what I gathered, it looked like they stripped out the voice work... that's a huge bummer.  Even though I found the voice work somewhat inconsistent in P3 (as opposed to flippin' awesome in P4), the voice work definitely brings something to this series.  The other ideas, the optional gender Protagonist, having direct control over your party in battle, and (a rumor) that Tartarus would be gussied up a little, all of those really got me interested in trying P3 again.  But now I'm hesitant.

I was also hoping for a P4P, but if I can't hear Troy Baker commanding me to bend myself, I'm not sure it's the same.

Shinri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Shinri
    @Gredlen said:
    "The voice work is still very much in the game. Tartarus is the same, aside from the changes made to the exploration. I think there's some sort of bonus dungeon, but I haven't unlocked it yet, so I can't say for sure.  That said, if the idea of playing as a girl doesn't turn people off, that's definitely a great way to play the game again. It's incredibly interesting to be able to approach the same setting and characters from a different perspective. I remember hearing that one of the main themes of P3P is the Butterfly Effect (the word does make an appearance in the new intro) and it shows; the changes really do add up to an appreciable twist on a familiar setting."

I don't think they added a whole new bonus dungeon, if they have, I never heard about it... as far as I know, Monad is still the only 'bonus dungeon' in the game.
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @Gredlen said:
    That said, if the idea of playing as a girl doesn't turn people off, that's definitely a great way to play the game again.  
    I feel because they've added so much extra stuff, you could play as the Male Protagonist and have it still be worth playing again.
    nasadigital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By nasadigital

I was wondering if this game ends where persona 3 ended or persona FES did or is it something totally different?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.