Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Crowd Sourcing! I'm going to catalog the ER and I need your help!

TiE23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By TiE23

Q: What the fuck are you talking about? 
    A: I'm going to catalog every funny scene from the Persona 4 Endurance Run. 

Q: Catalog what exactly?
    A:  Every time something hilarious happens, I mark down the time and describe it! 

Q: Okay, why me?
    A:  The Endurance Run is 100 hours long, and this takes a fuck ton of time to do with one person. So I need your help! One person can take weeks of leisure time to track it all. But 10 or 15 or 20 people can do it in a weekend!

Q: Okay, and how are you doing to do this?
    A: With a text file! I've already completed around 17 episodes (at the time of making this post). Here is what it looks like!

No Caption Provided
    Q: You're fucking nuts, man.
    A:  Yes, I am insane and this is somewhat fucking pointless. But I've got a whole bunch of time on my hand and I feel like I need to do this for real.  

Q: No, you're really nuts.
    A: Watch the ER for me is like watching TV or listening to music for most people. It's just background noise for me. If I don't have anything to do, I just start playing an episode from my hard drive. I'm not that obsessive about it.

Anyway, I'm going to curate the text file on my own system and upload versions to my public GoogleDocs folder. I can't really put it in edit mode on GoogleDocs because the format gets all screwed (a side effect of using plain old Notepad). Here is the link to the folder I will be keeping updates in so you can look at it yourself: READ IT FOR YOURSELF! 
    Go ahead an read the file and watch some great scenes for yourself!

So, here is where you come in. I want you to help me complete this list!

Q: What for?
    A: Because we can, and also because I'll make a series of edits of this stuff for YouTube. I saw that someone else made a similar series, but it seemed to miss a lot of stuff and only covered the first 70 episodes or so before he stopped.

Bonus Back Story (read if interested!):
    Okay, way back when the Endurance Run was going, I didn't watch a single episode until they had posted their 50th episode (I know, awesome one to tune in on). I immediately got hooked and went back and over a weekend watched every episode up to 50. At some point I came up with the brilliant idea to keep track of every time I laughed hard at the endurance run. Keeping the episode number, the time stamp, and a short description and quote from the funny bit. I did this for episodes one through sixty (or so). I kept all this info in a big fat .txt file along with .flv rips of every episode (I have a ton of hard drive space, dedicating like 70gb to it wasn't a big deal for me). 

I had a list of every single funny scene and joke in the commentary in a text file. It had like 200 entries covering episodes 10-65... then my hard drive exploded the other day and I lost it with no other copies... Then suddenly the partition on my hard drive that kept all my movies and TV shows and downloaded videos corrupted. I lost around 700gb of data thanks to a botched copy and paste of one particularly large file. I was very zen like, and didn't take it too hard, my important files (digital photos, documents, pictures, music, etc) were safe... but the only thing that couldn't be replaced was that .txt file. Out of 700gb of data, that 50kb file was the only thing that mattered to me, and it was gone. I went on from around episode 80 and tracked like 5 episodes as I watched them. But then I went "this is fucking pointless" and stopped tracking the episodes.
    TiE23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TiE23

Wow, you're still reading? Excellent. Here's what I need you to do:

I'm going to post a list of episodes that are already done. 

Here is a basic set of instructions other than just spending the time to watch the episodes. 

Please PM me your results. You can post it here, too, but please PM me so I can see them right away. Also, distill it to an average of like one highlight every 10 minutes. Unless an episode is particularly awesome (like the camping trip or the beauty pageant and hotel episodes, there really shouldn't be more than a few per episode).

Episode List

The episodes that are done are listed below.

001-010011-020
    021-030031-040041-050051-060061-070071-080081-090091-100101-110
    111-129121-130131-140141-150151-155
     001 011      071        
     006      066         
     007      067         
     008      068         
     009      069         
     010      070         
    NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By NathHaw

Um...spoilers in the pics of the text...in case anybody read here first.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.