Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Have I just found a plothole? (Ep. 131 so no spoilers)

DJRamshackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DJRamshackle

Just finished watching part 133 but I've just remembered something. 
    During episode 131, everyone meets up at Junes.  Rise and Kanji then appear, saying they couldn't find Teddy in the tv world. BUT HOW DID THEY GET OUT??!! 

The game has never established that anyone other than Teddy has the ability to get the gang out of the tv world. So how come they're not stuck in there?
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @DJRamshackle: Those three tiny televisions in the middle of that lobby place in the TV world was left there by Teddie.
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By m1k3

If they went through the tv in Junes, then it would mean they ended up at the same starting area as always, and at the center of the starting area are a bunch of T.Vs (where the team gets out of the tv world). it was never established that Teddie makes those disappear every time the team leaves. also since he goes to the real world, it makes more sense that those tv's never disappear.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Drebin_893
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    " @DJRamshackle: Those three tiny televisions in the middle of that lobby place in the TV world was left there by Teddie. "
    Yup.
    mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By mrfluke

huh never thought of that  maybe rise has the power as well ??  

yeh it does seem like  a plothole lets see what the big persona fans say 

kudos 2 u if this cant be explained

DJRamshackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DJRamshackle
    @FrankCanada97:
    Yes, but in the first few episodes didn't he have to make them appear each time Charlie and Yosuke went in?
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @DJRamshackle: uhh...have you really been watching the ER? That was establish a long, long time ago.
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @DJRamshackle: After he gains trust in the Investigation Team he leaves them out to make it easier for everyone.
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fr0br0

This is being asked like once a week.

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By agent_lost

I want to know how many people are playing the game or just watch the endurance run. For me there there no plot hole, Teddy just left the TV on the other side. I guess for someone that only watch the ER for the past 6 months, I can see how this is a plot hole. As for me, I finish P4 is just 1 month then made an "new+" to played it again.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Agent_Lost: I think it's a 30%/70% split. The people who actually played the game being the 30%.
    Gahzoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gahzoo

I think someone already pointed this out. 

But, It's safe to assume those T.V.'s are always there, because there is no need for Teddy to make them dissapear or w/e he does with them. 

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ

This point will be touched upon anyways the next time they enter the TV world.

@FrankCanada97 said:

" @Agent_Lost: I think it's a 30%/70% split. The people who actually played the game being the 30%. "

Maybe having a poll of that would be interesting.    
    MoTheHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MoTheHawk

It's true that the exit TVs weren't already there the second time Charlie and Yosuke went inside.  That was when Teddie threatened to not let them out of the TV world unless they promised to find the culprit.  Since then, they've been there permanently, and Teddie doesn't have to be present just to create the exit TVs every time.

The game never really does explain how Teddie has the ability to make TVs appear out of thin air... some things you just have to roll with.

chandoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By chandoo

Maybe Rise inherited that ability amongst her other scanning powers as well ..

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @chandoo said:
    "Maybe Rise inherited that ability amongst her other scanning powers as well .. "

No, she didn't.
    chandoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By chandoo

And we're so sure of that because .. ?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @chandoo said:
    "And we're so sure of that because .. ? "

It will be explained a little more the next time they enter the television.
    Rothbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Rothbart

Ok, in today's episode they clearly didn't have any tvs out in the main lobby, and Teddie wasn't back yet either, so how is it that they got back out? The first time I played through I really didn't notice this, but now I can't help but wonder... s'probably not important anyway.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Rothbart: Yeah, I though I remembered it saying something more about that.  But like the op said, this not the first time that they've entered the TV by themselves, Rise and Kanji had gone in searching for Teddie.  I think that with their awakened Persona powers they also gained the ability to escape from TVs as well as enter them.
    chandoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By chandoo

so i was right :P (seeing as how Rise went to the TV with kanji searching for namatame, and then again when looking for teddie, i assume she gained the power to summon TV's as well, since she's got all the scanning powers now)

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By dbz1995

Jeff has asked this question as well.

Rothbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Rothbart

Also, if you guys recall, the first time they went into TVland they fell quite a ways, then landed quite painfully. How is it that whenever they've since entered the TV, they just appear all fine inside? Shouldn't they be all bruised up? Did they set up a trampoline or something down there?   
    And about Rise being able to summon tvs, if she could, the why didn't they just jump into the same tv that Namatame and Adachi jumped into when they had the chance? They said that it might be dangerous and there could be no way out from there, but if they can just poof back out, it should be a moot point.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @chandoo said:

"so i was right :P (seeing as how Rise went to the TV with kanji searching for namatame, and then again when looking for teddie, i assume she gained the power to summon TV's as well, since she's got all the scanning powers now) "

Or they can all just enter the television sets and go out as they want to.  I don't think there's any evidence pointing either way. 

@Rothbart said:
    "

Also, if you guys recall, the first time they went into TVland they fell quite a ways, then landed quite painfully. How is it that whenever they've since entered the TV, they just appear all fine inside? Shouldn't they be all bruised up? Did they set up a trampoline or something down there?   
    And about Rise being able to summon tvs, if she could, the why didn't they just jump into the same tv that Namatame and Adachi jumped into when they had the chance? They said that it might be dangerous and there could be no way out from there, but if they can just poof back out, it should be a moot point.

"

There could have been a giant shadow right on the other side or a whole bunch of dangerous shadows waiting for them and since they would not have been prepared that could of been fatal.  And of course there's a bunch of stuff like that.  I mean, how does a huge group of people just go to the electronics section of the Junes and enter the television without being noticed at all?  I guess they just didn't establish all that too well, but it's not as if a lot of that is important to the plot anyways.    
    D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#25  Edited By D_W

I think more importantly, there would have to be other people that touch TVs and got some weird Stargate Event horizon moments like our beloved Investigation Team. It's just one of those "Suspend your disbelief" kinda things.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @IntramanDW said:
    "I think more importantly, there would have to be other people that touch TVs and got some weird Stargate Event horizon moments like our beloved Investigation Team. It's just one of those "Suspend your disbelief" kinda things. "

Why would there be other people like that?  You can only enter a television when you have a Persona.
    D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#27  Edited By D_W

hrmm? Then how did all the characters enter when they all get their Personae while inside the TV.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @IntramanDW said:
    "hrmm? Then how did all the characters enter when they all get their Personae while inside the TV. "

...They were thrown in.  That's the whole plot of the game, there's a criminal throwing people inside.
    chandoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By chandoo

To put it simply, people who have personae can willingly enter TV's (and possibly exit them as well), and any one with a persona can forcefully throw any regular person inside a TV if he chooses to (and that person who was thrown has no way out until someone with a persona takes him out with them).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.