Hm, multiple girlfriends?

#1 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

How does Persona 4 handle the protagonist having multiple girlfriends? I want to know before I accept Ai even though I despise her. However, I just think the normal "just friends" dialogue is going to be extremely lame. Is it possible to maintain without reversing?

Should I wait for Yukiko/Yumi or just go and start accepting everyone?

On hindsight, this topic sounds really sketchy.

#2 Posted by Turambar (6842 posts) -

No penalties what-so-ever.

#3 Posted by ChrisTaran (1664 posts) -

I had multiple going at the same time and never noticed any penalty. Might be some math in the background making it take longer to get the next Social Link level, but nothing that stood out to me.

Also think it triggers some of the more interesting little scenes like when Yukiko finds you out with Ai at the mall.

#4 Posted by onimonkii (2451 posts) -

i had yukiko and chie, but screwed something up with naoto and i think rise. but as far as i could tell no penalties. the game doesn't even acknowledge it aside from in a menu pretty much anyways, it doesn't do anything to the story or interactions there.

#5 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2713 posts) -

I only had one =|
#6 Posted by RE_Player1 (7573 posts) -
@Bloodgraiv3 said:
" I only had one =| "
Me too. Chie was all I needed: 
#7 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2713 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" @Bloodgraiv3 said:
" I only had one =| "

"

Hells yeah!
#8 Edited by ChrisTaran (1664 posts) -
@RE_Player92: That is such a great Chie picture. It's like perfect actually.
#9 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@ChrisTaran said:

" @RE_Player92: That is such a great Chie picture. It's like perfect actually. "

Actually, I don't really like that pic much. The proportions on Chie's hips are all messed up,  her waist looks like a bottle of cola and the eyes are too big. That is to be expected, though. Since Soejima didn't draw that. The manga team did do a nice job overall trying to emulate his style...The shading is almost accurate and they did get down the way he draws the noseholes and the lips.

#10 Posted by gunningyoudown (64 posts) -

there is no penalty's in Persona 4 but don't try that in persona 3 *shanking head*

#11 Posted by KawaiiInbou (38 posts) -

I don't really see the issue when you can be "just friends" with anybody else anyway?

#12 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -
@tapuki said:
" I don't really see the issue when you can be "just friends" with anybody else anyway? "
Because you can then see the dating scenes for everyone instead of restricting yourself to 1 girl. We all know they're better.

I decided to be "just friends" with Ai, because I hate her so much. I did the lovers route with everyone else so far except for one, because I haven't unlocked the S.Link yet.
#13 Posted by floodiastus (1262 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" @Bloodgraiv3 said:
" I only had one =| "
"
Pedo warning....
#14 Posted by KawaiiInbou (38 posts) -
@Aus_azn: Fair enough I suppose, never thought of that. 
@floodiastus: Nothing really dodgy about that picture, and if you're that worried I'm sure Chie is legal age anyway :p
#15 Posted by Bocam (3805 posts) -
@tapuki: Chie is 16
#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19376 posts) -
@tapuki said:
@floodiastus: Nothing really dodgy about that picture, and if you're that worried I'm sure Chie is legal age anyway :p "
She's 16 at the beginning of the game. 17 by the end of it.
#17 Posted by floodiastus (1262 posts) -
@tapuki said:
" @Aus_azn: Fair enough I suppose, never thought of that. 
@floodiastus: Nothing really dodgy about that picture, and if you're that worried I'm sure Chie is legal age anyway :p "
She looks like 12..... who cares what her fictional age is.
#18 Posted by KawaiiInbou (38 posts) -
#19 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19376 posts) -
@tapuki: Fair enough. Honestly, that was on my mind when I had specified her age but I'm not sure the person you were responding to is from the UK.
#20 Posted by Bocam (3805 posts) -
@tapuki:  So your younger then 18?
#21 Posted by KawaiiInbou (38 posts) -
@Bocam: No, but I also never said I would do stuff to Chie :p 
Told you I was digging myself a hole.
#22 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

Age of consent in Japan is 13.

#23 Posted by Bocam (3805 posts) -
@FrankCanada97:  That's only if the parents say it's okay.
#24 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.