Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Maxing Soul Links

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Vorbis

Social Links** (can't edit the subject title)

So I finally decided to pick it up after watching the endurance runs. Been told I will have to follow a guide if I want to max social links as making the wrong choice will prevent me from maxing it out.

Basically, If I choose a wrong choice during a social link event will I still be able to max it further along?

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By nexas

You can max out social links without picking the right answers all the time. Picking the right answers along with bringing a matching Persona will make it much faster though. Of course if you are talking about maxing ALL the social links than yes picking the "correct" choices is practically a necessity.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By endaround

If you want to max all the social links on one play through you'll likely need a guide.  If you want max any given SL you can do that without a guide. 

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Be warned: there are a couple Social Links that can reverse if you select a bad response at a certain time.

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By nexas
    LordAndrew said:
    "Be warned: there are a couple Social Links that can reverse if you select a bad response at a certain time."
    Only two and they are so obvious you have to be intentionally trying to screw things up to pick them.
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Vorbis

Great thanks, can live with that.

Ciffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Ciffy

Also, I learned this the hard way, having multiple girlfriends can stop some social link events from moving forward.  I had Ai and Yukiko as girlfriends and was working to raise Ai's rank when Yukiko showed up and stopped the event.  The time was still counted as spent, but the social link didn't get anywhere. I'm sure there are other events like that, so be warned.

trav3ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By trav3ler

It's about 300 times easier to max everything in a New Game+ because you have access to all the personas plus you don't have to spend time maxing your real-world stats (knowledge, courage, etc.).  So my recommendation would be to just play the game the first time through, then on your second run go for maxing everything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.