Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Receiving Persona 4 from Gamefly this week.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

Wondering whether I should stop watching the Endurance Run, thoughts?

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

Wondering whether I should stop watching the Endurance Run, thoughts?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

Maybe temporarily if you don't want to know spoilers until you're at least up to where they are, then start watching again. It's really your decision, and whether knowing what you're going to come up on in the game ahead of time bothers you...its different for everyone, don't think its something anyone else can really answer for you.

cygnus_x89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By cygnus_x89

I guess it depends if you don't mind the story being spoiled to you. When I bought Persona 4 I stopped watching the Endurance Run until I got passed them in the story and when I did, I caught myself up with all the episodes I missed. The only difference though is that I bought the game at around the time they just saved Yuikiko which isn't  far in at all so it took me no time to pass them.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles
    pause422 said:
    "Maybe temporarily if you don't want to know spoilers until you're at least up to where they are, then start watching again. It's really your decision, and whether knowing what you're going to come up on in the game ahead of time bothers you...its different for everyone, don't think its something anyone else can really answer for you."

I know I have to make the decision for myself, but I also wanted to see see what others in the situation were doing.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

Ah, btw, I wasn't stating that to sound like I'm being an ass to you, just saying our opinions or choices shouldn't necessarily be yours, since only you know how you feel about spoliers and what not. I myself, didn't start my first new game of P4 until after I was into watching the first 5 or 6 episodes of the endurance run.  If they were any further than they currently are now, I myself probably would stop watching until I passed them since I wanted to go in mostly fresh.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By subject2change

You'll catch up the endurance run in no time; I did it in like 2 days however that was weeks ago. They 27 hours in or so and in a normal playtime (someone not laughing with a friend and pretty much making commentary) it'll be maybe 15-18 hours. You also should know the fights and beginning if you have been watching from the start; try to pass them and start watching again if anything.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles
    Cygnus_X89 said:
    "I guess it depends if you don't mind the story being spoiled to you. When I bought Persona 4 I stopped watching the Endurance Run until I got passed them in the story and when I did, I caught myself up with all the episodes I missed. The only difference though is that I bought the game at around the time they just saved Yuikiko which isn't  far in at all so it took me no time to pass them. "

In most things I don't like spoilers, I'm seriously considering not watching the ER until I pass them.
    BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles
    Subject2Change said:
    "You'll catch up the endurance run in no time; I did it in like 2 days however that was weeks ago. They 27 hours in or so and in a normal playtime (someone not laughing with a friend and pretty much making commentary) it'll be maybe 15-18 hours. You also should know the fights and beginning if you have been watching from the start; try to pass them and start watching again if anything."

your probably right, being stuck in a wheelchar I have lots of time on my hands
    Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Daroki

While it's important to work on the social links for your party members (if you're watching to this point that's Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, and Kanji), you can completely change the way you handle getting stats or the other social links that you're able to do so you can see a different part of the story than what they've already covered.  (Although Chariot's easy to do since it's right outside the door to your classroom, maybe spend more time at the day care and work on Fox's SL when you get it more diligently than they are.)

And the game's much faster if you're not doing a running commentary of it, while they've put in over 27hrs into the game, a normal playthrough you can be at that point by about 12hrs or so, especially knowing what to expect in the battles from previous episodes.
    Sugalumps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Sugalumps

I also bought Persona 4 because of the Endurance Run.  I stopped watching after I started playing it.  Undecided as to if I'm going to go back and continue watching the Run.  I like what they do, but sometimes they go so slow that it's a tad frustrating, heh.  

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By subject2change

I am still watching it after I beat the game, can't wait to see their reactions to certain things. However for me I don't watch em at home and watch em at work; so getting paid to watch em is why I continue to watch.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EvilTwin

I don't really see why it would matter.  Getting the story through the endurance run is the same thing as getting the story through your own playthrough.  Unless the commentary really bothers you. 

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

Got it, I'm just past the bad bad bathhouse.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Vorbis

Picked up P4 just when they met Rise, stopped watching the ER until I overtook them, then started again. Finished the game yesterday and can't wait for them to see some scenes.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

Saved on christmas and went through all 3 endings, working on a second playthrough now.

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

I stopped watching when I got mine, which was around Ep. 70, and it only took me 6 episodes to catch up, and now I'm two dungeons ahead of them. o_O
    The point is, it probably won't take you that long to catch up to them if you're dedicated, so don't worry about missing a few episodes.
    It's also worth noting that the Endurance Run won't be running (for lack of a better term; no pun intended) this week due to E3, so you may not have to worry about falling behind as long as you catch up this week.

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

I'll take it off your hands after your done with it

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles
    @pissedoffthewitch said:
    "I'll take it off your hands after your done with it "

I assume you have GameFly and are waiting for them to get a copy back in to ship to you.  I'm sending the copy back this week, so hopefully you can get one. 
    cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cc23574

I bought the game Saturday and I stopped watching for possible spoilers. I recommend the same thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.