Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Second Playthrough?

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By LordXavierBritish

So, I finally got around to beating Persona 4 this weekend, and I was wondering if doing the plus mode was worth it.

I mean I basically had an hour of gameplay left from my last save, so it was enough time to get the hooks back in, but not enough to really satisfy it.

So what exactly do you gain from starting a new game on your completed data?

I kind of want to go through again just because I want to explore some of the social links I ignored, but I was curious as to whether there were any other advantages.

jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By jlrm01

From what I remember, what you keep on a new game plus is (this may influence the "is it worthy?" criteria... maybe):

• Money
    • Compendium (you can buy a Persona that is of a higher level than you are... so you can use the highest level Personas (Personae?) you had a the end of the game if you want)
    • Max number of Personas you can carry
    • Items gained from max social links
    • Main char stats (Knowledge, etc.)

I'm not sure if I'm forgetting something (or making something up ^_^;)... You gain the ability to do something you couldn't before (from what I've read, I had to stop my second run of the game too soon)... but that is spoiler territory... (EDIT: There seems to be at least 3 things you couldn't do or didn't happen before... but I still think the same...) I wouldn't play the game again for that, however. I took advantage of my stats so I didn't have to wait for some S.Links... and just like with P3, I missed some of them, so I made it my mission to not miss any.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

I don't really think there are any other advantages to a second playthrough, besides maxing social links you missed in your first playthrough, or maxing your stats. I plan to play through it again just because I enjoyed it so much the first time.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Knowing that my stats are goig to be kept, I'm defiantly going to play through a second time.

I maxed out almost all my stats the first time through, so now I'll be able to focus on getting all the social links I missed.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew

There are also some dialog choices you couldn't pick the first time due to lack of courage. You should have enough courage to select them now. Not a major selling point of New Game+ but jlrm01 has already mentioned most of it. :)

jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By jlrm01

Yeah, I remember some options in my first run where the game told me "You don't have enough courage" and I was like "How the hell am I supposed to have much courage so early?!". hehehe. On my second run, I was trying to remember which options those where, to select them, but my memory is so pathetic I couldn't remember. I don't know if the game tells me "You have enough courage to answer this now" (after selecting an option) or not (I don't remember seeing this... so I guess not). If it doesn't I'll never know, by myself, which dialog options those were. ^_^;

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By endaround

Actually it does in many cases

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.