Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

since this is the craze on todays comments in the endurance run

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mrfluke

ill put it here as well since vinny reads forums as well

" JEFF AND VINNY, Naoto's S.link appears on October 21st. You need max knowledge and courage to activate it. To start it, go to the shopping district on the 21st and find a man dressed in black, talk to him.And it's really up to you guys to decide on who you want to hang out with, but I suggest trying to max your party members social links before anyone else. Get Rise, Naoto, and Kanji to 10. Then focus on whoever you want.Oh yeah, we all hope you guys will be going for the true ending. You've put so much time into this game, don't settle for anything less or it won't be nearly as satisfying. GO BIG OR GO HOME! If you guys are willing to cheat on your mid-terms, you can do a little cheating to avoid the bad endings. I'm sure the people here will tell you how when the time arrives in a non-spoiler fashion. Good luck! "
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FrankCanada97

He reads the forums? No wonder they seem a little less surprised at plot developments.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mrfluke

yeh i think they do, i know jeff definitely checks every so often, andi dunno about the plot stuff i guess it comes with experience in doing this job for  years ( i know jeff was doing this for 11+ years) you kinda know whats gonna be up with a game

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Seedofpower

Who posted that?

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Pazy
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    " He reads the forums? No wonder they seem a little less surprised at plot developments. "
    They seem suprised a lot of the time, except when it came to Naoto is a girl lol how anyone couldent tell that I dont know.
    mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mrfluke
    @Seedofpower said:
    " Who posted that? "
    look at the first set of comments on 2days endurance run its posted all over
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Pazy: Well they are fully aware of the multiple endings and that there is a point in the game that determines which ending they get.
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Pazy
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    " @Pazy: Well they are fully aware of the multiple endings and that there is a point in the game that determines which ending they get. "
    I was fully aware of that just because I was thinking of getting Persona 4 on release, its not exactly secret information.
    dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By dietmango

Who knows? They probably already looked up how to get the good/true ending, and the killer's identity. They're probably just lying that they don't know =P

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Gav47

Hmm, maybe there should be a sticky tread for the guys, so they can read any tips you have for them rather than everyone complaining when they do something wrong, just a thought

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By dietmango

Sure. As long as we don't spoil much of the story when giving tips. Or rather...I don't think they care anyway lol

Sasanagui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sasanagui

So they really can't complete the fox link anymore? That's terrible.  Also, I get a weird scooby doo vibe from the investigation team.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Sarumarine

Yeah, I saw that too but . . .

I'm a bigger fan of the idea that they should just play and whatever happens happens. I don't think they should look up how to get the good ending or even the real ending. Although, at the same time, the Endurance Run lost its air tight nature as soon as they opened up a comments section. Tips on S-links, where to get an item in a dungeon, has kind of hurt it the way I see it. Not that I'm making a big deal about it.

I figure a few things can slide but the ending should be one of the things they figure out on their own.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Sarumarine said:
    "Yeah, I saw that too but . . .I'm a bigger fan of the idea that they should just play and whatever happens happens. I don't think they should look up how to get the good ending or even the real ending. Although, at the same time, the Endurance Run lost its air tight nature as soon as they opened up a comments section. Tips on S-links, where to get an item in a dungeon, has kind of hurt it the way I see it. Not that I'm making a big deal about it. I figure a few things can slide but the ending should be one of the things they figure out on their own. "

So you don't want way more episodes?  If they go for the True ending there are 3 more dungeons left for them to go through.  If they get the bad ending there's only the upcoming one left and the bad ending finishes the story pretty promptly and badly.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Sasanagui said:
    "So they really can't complete the fox link anymore? That's terrible.  Also, I get a weird scooby doo vibe from the investigation team. "

That's not it.  There was a Sunday that went by and they could have bought Goldfish from the shopping channel then but they missed it because of an event with Kanji and the girls.  They don't want to waste time fishing anymore because it's lame so they just say "screw it" to Fox's Social Link.
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By spazmaster666

Getting the true endings isn't that tough. The set of 6 specific responses are pretty logical (I managed to figure it without a faq after knowing about the multiple endings) and the "guessing game" later on isn't difficult either. If Jeff and Vinny pay attention and use logic, they should be able to figure it out (they already know after all that the true ending involves another dungeon).

kirisame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kirisame
    @FluxWaveZ: I don't think he was saying that it'd be okay for Jeff and Vinny to get the Bad Ending. I think he was saying that Jeff and Vinny CAN get the Good Ending, on their own, and that that would be the best way to go. If they don't cheat, then there's a -small- chance they could mess up, but that small risk is worth knowing that Jeff and Vinny earned the Good Ending.
    Basically, even though cheating raises the odds of success to 100%, the odds were already above 90%, and for some of us, it would be just as dissappointing as if they had chosen the Bad Ending. That probably sounds hard to believe, though, haha.
    Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Happy

All I know is I avoided any sort of online help when I played and totally got the bad ending with out realizing I did anything wrong. It is so ridiculously anti-climatic it felt about the same as a random Mudo/Hama death in a dungeon.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @spazmaster666: I thought the third dialogue option, or another one, was pretty messed up.  It wasn't really clear which would be the correct answer.  And also, I'm pretty sure Vinny and Jeff already know who the killer is.

SPOILERS

Vinny joked about it in the last episode of the ER, when the killer appeared and said "Dammit, again!?", and then the duo went silent for a moment.  So yeah, the guessing game should not be a problem.  But what about when you have to go back to Junes when the game is prompting you to return back home?  For me at least, I thought there was nothing else to do in the town and I had to return home since I had already visited Junes for the dialogue with Yosuke and Teddie.
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By spazmaster666
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @spazmaster666: I thought the third dialogue option, or another one, was pretty messed up.  It wasn't really clear which would be the correct answer.  And also, I'm pretty sure Vinny and Jeff already know who the killer is.

SPOILERS Vinny joked about it in the last episode of the ER, when the killer appeared and said "Dammit, again!?", and then the duo went silent for a moment.  So yeah, the guessing game should not be a problem.  But what about when you have to go back to Junes when the game is prompting you to return back home?  For me at least, I thought there was nothing else to do in the town and I had to return home since I had already visited Junes for the dialogue with Yosuke and Teddie. "
    I dunno. After I chose the correct first response, the rest of them all seem to fit. Also, when the game consistently prompts you to return home but gives you an option not to, that to me sounds like there's more to do in the game since every other times the game does that, it doesn't give you the option to not go home. Get what I'm saying?
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @spazmaster666 said:
    " @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @spazmaster666: I thought the third dialogue option, or another one, was pretty messed up.  It wasn't really clear which would be the correct answer.  And also, I'm pretty sure Vinny and Jeff already know who the killer is.

SPOILERS Vinny joked about it in the last episode of the ER, when the killer appeared and said "Dammit, again!?", and then the duo went silent for a moment.  So yeah, the guessing game should not be a problem.  But what about when you have to go back to Junes when the game is prompting you to return back home?  For me at least, I thought there was nothing else to do in the town and I had to return home since I had already visited Junes for the dialogue with Yosuke and Teddie. "
    I dunno. After I chose the correct first response, the rest of them all seem to fit. Also, when the game consistently prompts you to return home but gives you an option not to, that to me sounds like there's more to do in the game since every other times the game does that, it doesn't give you the option to not go home. Get what I'm saying?
    "
    You're right about the prompts, however I interpreted the 5th dialogue option differently and as a way it could have still been correct.

SPOILERS

When Yosuke yells: "What don't you understand!?" you can either say: "Why he's scared.", "Something's been bothering me.", "He can still repent..." and "I actually don't know."  Originally, I went with "Why he's scared." because something strange was going on and we genuinely didn't know why the supposed killer was so freaked out about seeing himself and what was going on.  Saying "Something's been bothering me." was kind of like a prior option when you say "There's still something missing." and I felt it was too vague and redundant.

nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nick69

I'd be pretty disappointed if Jeff and Vinny got the bad ending, as the true ending explains it all and is definitely the most satisfying.   

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#23  Edited By dudacles

*Spoilers!!!*

I must say, I lol'd when Vinny was wondering why the gas station attendant was only there on rainy days. Makes me wonder whether they've already looked some stuff up and came across that spoiler...

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @dudacles said:
    "*Spoilers!!!*I must say, I lol'd when Vinny was wondering why the gas station attendant was only there on rainy days. Makes me wonder whether they've already looked some stuff up and came across that spoiler..."
    Spoilers

I'm sure Vinny and Jeff know about upcoming plot events. They've been saying several jokes that are pretty suspicious (wrong word?) like as I said on top, when there was that scene when the  killer appears in the fogged up city for having successfully saved Naoto, the killer says "Dammit.  Again!?" and Vinny says something along the lines of "I'll go drink with Dojima now." and both Vinny and Jeff go silent for a moment. 
    mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mrfluke

chances are that since ryan wants to do something live for the last day of the matrix online chances are that might happen , so when vinny and jeff reach that point in the game they will do something live as well 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.