Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

So, this is probably the last week of the ER...

• 66 results
    FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By FrozenPhoenix

@Shiftshaper:
    They won't end it just because of some number. They already know about the True Ending so it's either they want to go on or they just want the Normal Ending. 

chandoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#52  Edited By chandoo

Oh shit, it's almost time !

and i really doubt they'll finish it by 150, they've still got a few hours of it, not to mention they can and probably will die on the boss in the first attempt, which would take up more time.

fingers crossed for true ending, hope one of them secretly knows what they're doing.

Shiftshaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Shiftshaper
    @FrozenPhoenix: Why do you think they know about the true ending? If it's that comic, it doesnt show all that much, let alone enough to get from what they have to do, and what it actually means. 

They made todays episode 13 minutes, you could just tell they thought there would be more floors on that dungeon. I really seems they want to end this thing in two episodes. And I dont think they'll lose, this boss was one of the easier ones IMO.
    GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By GunnBjorn

I watched it from day one. 
    It almost felt like a sitcom. 
    I looked forward to it after work, watching it while i prepared dinner. 
    I'm surely gonna miss it. 
    Remember when 'Cheers' stopped? 
    Some people needed psychiatric help after that serie discontinued. 
    Nah, i'm too sobre minded to get depressed over such a minor loss. 
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#55  Edited By Hailinel
    @Shiftshaper said:
    " @FrozenPhoenix: Why do you think they know about the true ending? If it's that comic, it doesnt show all that much, let alone enough to get from what they have to do, and what it actually means.  They made todays episode 13 minutes, you could just tell they thought there would be more floors on that dungeon. I really seems they want to end this thing in two episodes. And I dont think they'll lose, this boss was one of the easier ones IMO. "
    In a previous episode, Jeff said specifically that he learned on the internet that there are bad, good, and true endings.  He did not indicate that he knew the keys to getting any of them.  If anything, I'd say that they expect to be ending it soon because they might not be aware of the fact that there's a whole other dungeon waiting for them if they make the right choices.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Hailinel said:

" It has a really nasty attack that is pretty much a guaranteed instant kill if you aren't guarding. "

Holy crap that frustrated me when I went against that boss.  Twice I died against it because I was thinking of Persona 3's final boss when I went against the upcoming boss so I continued to attack, thinking that the charge would dissipate.  Turns out it doesn't.
    tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#57  Edited By tearhead
    @MB said:
    " @chandoo said:
    So the most feasable thing is to either have a poll, or those guys completely shun the forums and do what they please. "
    I predict the latter.  No matter what happens, people are going to be pissed, so it will be easier for them to just discuss it amongst themselves and do what they want. That's what happened with this Endurance Run and look at the result. "
    Plus, even if they have a poll and WE choose what game they play, THEY still have to play it. An ER where they play a game they are not excited about would only result in a worse ER, and then everyone looses. I think it's best for them to take as much time needed to pick out the perfect game to do an ER on, that's really best for everyone.
    FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By FrozenPhoenix

@Hailinel said:
    " @Shiftshaper said:
    " @FrozenPhoenix: Why do you think they know about the true ending? If it's that comic, it doesnt show all that much, let alone enough to get from what they have to do, and what it actually means.  They made todays episode 13 minutes, you could just tell they thought there would be more floors on that dungeon. I really seems they want to end this thing in two episodes. And I dont think they'll lose, this boss was one of the easier ones IMO. "
    In a previous episode, Jeff said specifically that he learned on the internet that there are bad, good, and true endings.  He did not indicate that he knew the keys to getting any of them.  If anything, I'd say that they expect to be ending it soon because they might not be aware of the fact that there's a whole other dungeon waiting for them if they make the right choices. "

MAJOR SPOILERS 

They've been making hints in the episodes that they know the Gas Station Attendant is involved. 
    Plus, I think they already know from that comic everyone was spamming them with. 
    Heck, they even passed by him once and jokingly said "You're the killer." 
    I'm pretty sure they know that there's at least a little bit of the game left.  

END SPOILERS 
    Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Bartman3010

I've got this feeling that this board is going to die down once the Endurance Run is over. Which is a shame, its a great game and can warrant some additional discussion about some of the plot elements. But I dont see there being any more activity after the end.

Inevitable? Sure. Stating the obvious? Quite. I just wanted to say something about it...its not like it cant go un noted...even if it was noted several times and I wasnt paying attention.

kirisame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By kirisame

This is probably kind of the wrong time and place, but I think Yakuza or Yakuza 2 would be the perfect game for the next Endurance Run.
    After a long, dating-sim-slash-JRPG game, an adventure game with full control seems like a nice change of pace. 
    Since the Quick Look of Shenmue was posted, there's been a lot of comments about that game, but I think that game would probably be really frustrating to watch in ER format. There's a lot of loading, and since all NPCs are full-voiced the GB crew would have to plod through the slow dialogue.
    --Yakuza has the whole melodramatic japanese crime story thing going on, but the pacing is faster and the central part of the game is the fighting, which would be great for shorter attention spans.
    --The minigames are really well put-together, and would create fun situations where the ER crew could trash talk whoever has the controller.
    --NPCs are non-voiced and the text scrolls really fast, so it's not a pain in the neck to talk to them.
    --Unlike grand theft auto, yakuza's less of a parody and more like a wannabe-serious story (like Shenmue) so it'd be more fun to make fun of the crazy stuff during the story.
    --The Cabaret Club (i.e. hitting on expensive, expensive women) game would probably be GREAT to watch if it's Jeff and Vinny.

Uh, to summarize it, I think Yakuza would be a fun choice for the players and the viewers because it contains the things people love about adventure-action games such as Shenmue; but it's also a great choice because it doesn't include the things in Shenmue that would be frustrating to watch or play.
    Sorry for such a long post.

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By Pkshields
    @Drebin_893 said:
    " This won't be the last week of the Endurance Run. "
    X2. Its pretty much guaranteed in my mind that Jeff knows how to get the good ending, and they are going to get the last dungeon. Though, it would be pretty funny if they got the ending with 150 then next Monday 151 goes up, and they have loaded from a second save. That would be worth the torment of thinking the ER is over during the weekend.
    MaSteRMaSteR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MaSteRMaSteR

Portal Endurance Run, it will keep us going for awhile.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @FrozenPhoenix: They had also said that Nanako was the killer, Teddie was the killer, Dojima was the killer, Adachi was the killer... all jokingly.
    Satune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By Satune
    @FluxWaveZ: Im pretty sure they accused everyone in the game that he or she was the killer! They said Charlie was the killer at one point, jokingly.
    Peter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By Peter
    @girdz said:
    " I would like to see a Mass Effect ER 
    @Fallen189 said:
    " I hope it is. So people will finally talk about something else.  Furthermore, why do people seem to assume they're going to do another one? "
    Mainly because of this "
    April Fools joke, posted on April 1st
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Peter said:
    " @girdz said:
    " I would like to see a Mass Effect ER 
    @Fallen189 said:
    " I hope it is. So people will finally talk about something else.  Furthermore, why do people seem to assume they're going to do another one? "
    Mainly because of this "
    April Fools joke, posted on April 1st "
    I think it just means that they're considering another one.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By Dany

I doubt they will start one this year for their next Endurance Run. Tye just need a game will minimal but significant appeal

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.