Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

The Reaper

Koihime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koihime

any suggestions on how to beat the reaper? (death) he surprises me on treasure chests

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Fallen189

Be a high level, use buffs, and use good personas. There aren't really many tactics except to be appropriately prepared.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By babblinmule

Basically hit him with everything youve got - play it as if its the final boss of the game. So, like Fallen said, be a good level and use lots of buffs. Oh, and watch out for the light and dark attacks.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By metalsnakezero

Best level to fight him at is above level 50. After ever heavy damage from him heal up.

amino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By amino
    @Koihime: 

Power charge+ Debilitate+ Heat Riser + Hassou Tobi(critical hit) = Reaper is dead
    OR 
     Power charge+ Debilitate+ Heat Riser + Hassou Tobi(not critical hit) +Hassou Tobi +Any attack  = Reaper is dead

You can use another attack other than Hassou Tobi.Another method is Power charge+Debilitate+Heat Riser+God Hand/Primal Force/Brave Blade.Repeat it about 4 or 5 times to kill it.But I think your persona must immune to bothdark and light in order this method to work or The Reaper own you first.
    If you like magic attack,you can use  Mind charge+Debilitate+Heat Riser+Ziodyne(+Elec amp) with Trumpeter.But it takes 5 or 6 repetitions to defeat it.
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By eirikr
    @amino: That kind of specific persona and move advice is never good. 

He always casts mind charge first, guard everyone until he casts a spell and it wears off. Also make sure you are immune to light and dark. Otherwise, what amino said here: 

@amino said: 
    Another method is Power charge+Debilitate+Heat Riser+God Hand/Primal Force/Brave Blade.

Just debuff him and buff yourselves up and it suddenly turns into a regular boss battle. More than likely someone is going to get hit with their weakness, so watch out for that. He can also mind charge more than once and he also isn't afraid to use almighty spells, so it still pays to guard when he mind charges. He also does really stupid stuff like trying to use elemental breaks on characters, so with a little luck maybe you'll get him into a loop of that.
    Takoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Takoto

The Reaper is about level 85, so try to be around level eighty or over... 

Use lots of buffs, and try to use Mind Charge and Power Charge a lot, try too keep your health above half...

Koihime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Koihime

In my save the reaper is around level 75?

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheMustacheHero

lol I was playing Persona 3 FES today and I told my team to split up to let them grind themselves (I think we were only on like floor 9) then all the sudden Yukari died in like 1 hit, then I hear Junpei say "Omg it's like...DEATH!" and then he dies and then the reaper comes down the hall and chases after me. :P

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fallen189
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " lol I was playing Persona 3 FES today and I told my team to split up to let them grind themselves (I think we were only on like floor 9) then all the sudden Yukari died in like 1 hit, then I hear Junpei say "Omg it's like...DEATH!" and then he dies and then the reaper comes down the hall and chases after me. :P "
    You always get a prompt anyway.
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Fallen189: Yeah I didn't really think anything of it because it was basically "something's not right on this floor" not "Holy crap, there's a reaper on this floor".
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fallen189
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @Fallen189: Yeah I didn't really think anything of it because it was basically "something's not right on this floor" not "Holy crap, there's a reaper on this floor". "
    Heh, I've been there. He engages you with GUNS too which got me.
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Fallen189 said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @Fallen189: Yeah I didn't really think anything of it because it was basically "something's not right on this floor" not "Holy crap, there's a reaper on this floor". "
    Heh, I've been there. He engages you with GUNS too which got me. "
    Yeah basically when he caught up to me, I was like...SCREW THIS! and ran away and hid behind the staircase so he couldn't get me :P
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fallen189
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    Yeah basically when he caught up to me, I was like...SCREW THIS! and ran away and hid behind the staircase so he couldn't get me :P "
    P3 has a shitty battle mechanic. Like, when you LOS an enemy, it stops in its tracks, and then when you get close to it, it moves at light speed towards you.
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Fallen189 said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    Yeah basically when he caught up to me, I was like...SCREW THIS! and ran away and hid behind the staircase so he couldn't get me :P "
    P3 has a shitty battle mechanic. Like, when you LOS an enemy, it stops in its tracks, and then when you get close to it, it moves at light speed towards you. "
    Yeah it seems that there is basically an invisible forcefield of where the shadow's boundaries are so once you get out of their field they just keep sitting there and following you. That's why you get the bow :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.