Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

When does this game get 'better'

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Belonpopo

I got Persona 4 the other day and it has absorber almost 3 hours of my time. In that 180 minutes I have had three battles the one in the dream towards the begining the one agianst Shadow Yokume (the dude with the bike) and the one before that when you first get your "Persona". Thats about one a hour, will the fights be more frequent after the point when you and head phone duder meet the day after you get your Persona. P.S Lovin' the story. 

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

yeah, when you get to the first proper dungeon.
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By FrankCanada97

Yes, as soon as the first dungeon becomes available, the battles become more frequent. You may have to sit through a bit more of the story first.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Venatio

I wonder, did you watch any of the Endurance Run? 

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ghostiet

It's Yosuke.

And yup, it will. Proof? Check the Endurance Run. Also, pray when you start meeting the black haired girl more frequently. I say, you pray, dawg.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By scarace360

YES when you get into the dungeons And watch out for that yosuke he'll hit you with his bike. 

zephyran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zephyran

This game has one of the slowest starts of any I've ever played, but once you actually get full control you will be addicted.

morningdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By morningdrive
    @zephyran said:
    " This game has one of the slowest starts of any I've ever played, but once you actually get full control you will be addicted. "
    yeah it pretty much is 3 hours of story building, but after that its all awesome and really addicting. I am on my 2nd playthrough right now, doing things different than I did the first time. Seems like the first time i played along while the endurance run was on so i did the same thing they did sorta. This time I am doing it different.
    Hinamotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hinamotto
    @zephyran said:
    " This game has one of the slowest starts of any I've ever played, but once you actually get full control you will be addicted. "
    Agree! Until you reach the first dungeon, the game is very slow. Dungeons get really addictive, sometimes more than the social side of the game. Great game in my opinion. But yeah... 'i'm pushing X a lot'
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By ZenaxPure

Haven't play P4 yet but this sounds just like P3. After I bought it I figured I would pop it in and just play until my first battle and save point, had no idea that would take almost 2 hours. Personally I don't have any problem with this but I know most people just don't have a lot of patience, or have OCD, or whatever. Not saying I like it or anything but when you know a game is going to be like 60 hours to complete those first few hours of doing nothing aren't a huge deal in the long run.

Avatar image for mackievalenzuela
    MackieValenzuela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MackieValenzuela

*just a note... it was yosuke, not yokume* anyway.. at first... i loved the story but there was a lack of action, so i did not play it i a week... but i was bored and had finished allCDs of my PS2 so i decided to play Persona 4, and then when i got to the first proper dungeon, that's whe i got addicted to Persona 4 *P.S. This is my 82nd playthrough of persona 4... told you i'm addicted!!!*

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#12  Edited By Jazz

Get better? 
    Whats wrong with the beginning? 
    I can understand if you just wanted to play 20mins then get to a save point..but if thats the case...you're playing the wrong game.

Avatar image for mackievalenzuela
    MackieValenzuela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MackieValenzuela
    @Jazz: huh? who are u talking 2? sorry to disturb or anything
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#14  Edited By Jazz
    @MackieValenzuela: TC 
    No probs

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.