Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shovel Knight

Game » consists of 36 releases. Released Jun 26, 2014

An action-platformer paying homage to 8-bit classics like Mega Man and Castlevania. It is developed by a small group of former WayForward employees, with funding through Kickstarter.

Play as Shield Knight?

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
    deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought I read somewhere that you could play as Shield Knight. Is that still coming or did I just miss something?

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I don't know, but that'd be interesting. Though I imagine the attacks would be the same, except you'd bounce on a shield instead of a shovel. Still, that'd be rad.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Hadn't heard that. Would be really interesting if Shield Knight had no attacks and the game was somehow designed to account for that?

Blackwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I've heard is that while you won't necessarily play as shield knight there will be a gender reversed mode where shovel knight is a woman and shield knight is her husband. The Enchantress becomes the Enchanter and all of the knights in the game have their genders switched as well.

They're also planning on adding secondary modes where you can play as King Knight, Plague Knight and Spectre Knight in their own stories after the european release... So I could see a playable shield knight as a possibility!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

They're also planning on adding secondary modes where you can play as King Knight, Plague Knight and Spectre Knight in their own stories after the european release... So I could see a playable shield knight as a possibility!

Yeah this is the only thing I know is confirmed (as a KickStarter stretch goal). I think most fan's hope is for Shovel Knight 2 with a co-op Shield Knight + Shovel Knight mode!

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

All the new modes are still in development, if I remember correctly. That includes a swapped gender mode, Boss Rush mode, and maybe even more.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
    deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I've heard is that while you won't necessarily play as shield knight there will be a gender reversed mode where shovel knight is a woman and shield knight is her husband. The Enchantress becomes the Enchanter and all of the knights in the game have their genders switched as well.

All of that sounds pretty rad.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

wait really? That's pretty awesome if true!

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow I had no idea if that all proves to be true may be worth multiple playthroughs!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.