Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 19, 2012

The first expansion pack for Sid Meier's Civilization V adds religion and espionage along with expanded diplomacy options and additional content.

The crash in strategic view bug is back

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By sickVisionz

I've had a bunch of little bugs that didn't bother me too much, but it seems like the random crashing between turns if in strategic view bug has reared it's ugly head again. Vanilla civ shipped with this but it got patched out within two or so months. Hopefully they jump on this one and get it sorted.

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By QuistisTrepe

I've seen a few bugs in the game already. Advisors and the narrator talking over each other, getting warnings that my people are unhappy just because my happiness goes down by one, etc. Nothing to get worked up over, but annoying sure. I haven't encountered the strategic view bug yet. It does remind me of the Satellite wonder that exposed the world map which would lock a computer up, requiring a hard reboot.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi
    @QuistisTrepe

I've seen a few bugs in the game already. Advisors and the narrator talking over each other, getting warnings that my people are unhappy just because my happiness goes down by one, etc. Nothing to get worked up over, but annoying sure. I haven't encountered the strategic view bug yet. It does remind me of the Satellite wonder that exposed the world map which would lock a computer up, requiring a hard reboot.

Yikes. Does the satellite tech still do that?
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

Researching satellite and having it suddenly reveal an entire map of information that was previously unseen and lock up... that sounds more like a PC limitation. Even my high-end PC hitches for a bit when that happens.

It's bizzarre to me the sorts of bugs they've solved through various patches VS the ones they've completely ignored. I still get a bug where tile yield is offset by a few grid spaces sometimes (a grid space will show the yield for the wrong tile), which is a fairly big problem, but has been in the game for me since the initial release.

Also, here's one for Gods and Kings: play Austria and annex a city-state through an arranged marriage while there's a little tip popup on the right of the screen that would normally take you to that city-state's overview screen. If you click on the tip, even though the city doesn't technically exist any more, you'll still see the screen and can contribute gifts to it. Most interestingly, you can declare war against it, which means they'll also declare war against any other allied city-states. I didn't bother messing around with it long enough to see if that causes any sort of problems further down the line, though.

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By QuistisTrepe

@AndrewB said:

Researching satellite and having it suddenly reveal an entire map of information that was previously unseen and lock up... that sounds more like a PC limitation. Even my high-end PC hitches for a bit when that happens.

Um, no duder. I'm sporting an i7, with a 1GB GDDR5 GPU, and 14GB RAM, I assure you it isn't my computer. And that bug has long since been fixed, I was just recalling some of the earlier bugs of Civ V in the scope of the discussion, that's all.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeah I've been having voices talk over each other when they shouldn't be. Like when a civ's leader talks to me, their voice sample continues through to the next's civ's meeting, so I get two leaders talking over each other. I don't use strategic view much, but I'll be sure to avoid it for the time being.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By BisonHero

@AndrewB said:

It's bizzarre to me the sorts of bugs they've solved through various patches VS the ones they've completely ignored. I still get a bug where tile yield is offset by a few grid spaces sometimes (a grid space will show the yield for the wrong tile), which is a fairly big problem, but has been in the game for me since the initial release.

I have that same problem, but with unit locations. The little circular icon will be in the correct hex (the circle above the unit you can click on to select the unit), but the units will visually appear one hex to the side. If I move or attack with them, the icon and unit end up meeting on the correct hex once the move is finished, but I'm pretty sure it eventually gets out of sync again. This doesn't happen for all units, but usually one or two units over the course of a game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.