Garrisons after Gods and Kings expansion?

#1 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6408 posts) -

Just curious if anyone who has installed and played the Gods and Kings DLC has had problems garrisoning units inside of cities. I'm playing as the Ethiopian culture and haven't been able to do it. The only option for the unit defensively is to fortify.

#2 Posted by Patman99 (1620 posts) -

I think it automatically garrisons your troops. I always just click fortify. One way to check (which I will do) is to get the one policy that allows garrisoned troops to cost zero maintenance and just see if your costs go up after you take the troop off the city tile. As a side note, the espionage is pretty awesome.

#3 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6408 posts) -

@Patman99: I'll check that the next time I play through. Thanks for the tip.

#4 Posted by Vigilance (270 posts) -

If a unit is in a city it increases the city's strength.

This means "alert" is usually your best bet, which is great, especially for ranged units.

Before you had to go and wake up a bowman to get him to fire at an enemy, now you don't, and the city still gets the bonus.

#5 Posted by elko84 (1116 posts) -

You can check your unit list and see the status of the unit, it should say Garrison in City

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.