can someone spoil the game for me? (spoilers)

#1 Edited by ATalkingDog (79 posts) -

Brad, in the latest "game of the year" quick look for the game, said that there is a big surprise/secret in the game. Can someone please tell me what this is?  

I don't have a Wii and, therefore, would probably never end up playing this game, but it, nonetheless, seems pretty interesting.  

thanks in advance

#2 Posted by RiddleBrother (511 posts) -
it was all a dream.
#3 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -
#4 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

All the endings are up on Youtube.  I think there are five in all, including a UFO ending.  Most of are fairly similar to what Black_Rose described.

#5 Posted by AndrewB (7191 posts) -

Also keep in mind it's coming out for the PS2/PSP, though as mentioned in the GOTY award video, I can't imagine it being quite the same without the control scheme.

#6 Edited by Ghostiet (5153 posts) -
#7 Edited by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Eh, I don't like the way Black_Rose described the game. How about this: 

HUGE COLOSSAL GAME/ENDING SPOILER AHEAD.

Both
as well as
are dependant on how you play Harry throughout the game. The respective endings / personalities you play are also reflected throughout the game world, conversations, characters, phone calls, etc. 

It is not a "shock ending", nor a "twist ending" really. You will guess the "twist" very early on. But that doesn't meager how great the ending is staged and told, and how much you will appreciate that knowledge in your second playthrough.
#8 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

@Ghostiet What the fuck is wrong with you? There are spoiler tags for a reason.

*flag*

#9 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1521 posts) -
@Meowayne: To be fair, the word "spoil" and "spoilers" appear in the title of the thread and the OP is specifically asking for major spoilers about the end of the game. If anyone wanders in here and gets spoiled, it is their own damn fault.
#10 Posted by MildMolasses (3194 posts) -

Just listened to the GOTY bombcast where the took a break so that Brad could spoil it for them, so naturally I had tp read a wikipedia entry about it. It sounds really cool, and Meowayne did a great job in his description. I wish I could play it on my own, but I don't like the creepy, tension filled games and know that I would never finish it
#11 Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

I actually got really intrigued after seeing the GOTY quick look but I dont have the psyche to finish this constant barrage of psychological terror. Thanks for clearing it up Meowayne.

#12 Posted by Dany (7886 posts) -

That just sounds so insane. I don't have a wii but that is so crazy. Gonna check out the youtube vids.

#13 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -
@Meowayne: Woah....
#14 Edited by MetalGearSunny (6984 posts) -

This game already freaks me out and I've only seen it played and read about it. Nice little "twist" there.

#15 Posted by Turambar (6485 posts) -
@Meowayne: Oh wow...
#16 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

Damn that is an awesome ending by the sounds of it, i'm gonna have to youtube that.

#17 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

Wow....
its was all a dream?
Are you fucking kidding?
How goddamn lazy is that?
..Well all we need now is a sweet ending so what have we got?
.............Umm...
..It was a dream?
..............Yeah, Why the fuck not.  Ok we're done,
TO THE BAR!!!!

#18 Edited by Danyal (50 posts) -

wow, that's actually pretty cool. I was also reading somewhere on the forums here that this game isn't exactly a remake but a kind of continuation of Silent Hill 1 for the Ps1. I haven't played that game but apparently there's also a father named Harry looking for his daughter named Cheryl in Silent Hill in the first game. The person's comments, that I was reading, said that maybe in Shattered Memories, Cheryl, all grown up now, is actually remembering the events of Silent Hill 1. If that's true, that is pretty fucking awesome. 

#19 Posted by rjayb89 (7713 posts) -

Pretty good mindfuck.  And I know a lot about mindfucks.

#20 Edited by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Coombs:

#21 Posted by Ghostiet (5153 posts) -
@Meowayne said:
" @Ghostiet What the fuck is wrong with you? There are spoiler tags for a reason.  *flag* "

You see that "(spoilers)" in the topic title? If someone enters such topic not expecting spoilers, you should ask that person is there something fucking wrong with him. Or with his reading capabilities.
#22 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6984 posts) -
@Ghostiet said:
" @Meowayne said:
" @Ghostiet What the fuck is wrong with you? There are spoiler tags for a reason.  *flag* "

You see that "(spoilers)" in the topic title? If someone enters such topic not expecting spoilers, you should ask that person is there something fucking wrong with him. Or with his reading capabilities. "
Burned.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.