Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Dec 08, 2009

An icy re-imagining of the classic Silent Hill, which trades weapons for frantic chase sequences as the player tries desperately to flee pursuing enemies. It takes on more of an adventure game format than traditional survival-horror.

Do an Endurance Run of this game!

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mushir

Now I don't usually say which games the guys should do an ER of, but I just had this crazy idea.

They should seriously do an Endurance Run of this. But split it into two teams. So like Brad and Ryan do it their way. And Jeff and Vinny do it their way. It would be really interesting for us viewers to see how the game changes, how different everything turns out in Brad and Ryan's adventure compared to Jeff and Vinny. And how the decisions of the guys differ from eachother.

Although maybe Brad shouldn't be in this cause he's finished the game already. Perhaps Dave or Drew?

I'm not telling them what to do, just sharing an idea I got with you guys.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995

I agree with the ER part of this (in fact, I said so on the acutal WiiGOTY award), but not with the split into two teams part, because:

A) It's a lot to ask for
    B) Whilst there are a lot of minor changes, the experience is more or less the same
    C) Watching the same scares again (which will be there, bringing the point back to B) will not be scary

I get your point and it is an interesting idea; I just don't think it'll work as good as you think.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ
    @dbz1995 said:
    " I agree with the ER part of this (in fact, I said so on the acutal WiiGOTY award), but not with the split into two teams part, because:  A) It's a lot to ask for B) Whilst there are a lot of minor changes, the experience is more or less the same C) Watching the same scares again (which will be there, bringing the point back to B) will not be scary  I get your point and it is an interesting idea; I just don't think it'll work as good as you think. "
    You did watch the GOTY video right? It sounds like each playthrough is vastly different. Brad seemed to be shocked every minute or so with the changes. The characters act different, the path you take is different, the phone messages are different. I think two different playthroughs, where each "team" releases the same segment each day would be a lot of fun. 
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Ghostiet

Also, the problem is that it's supposed to be an ENDURANCE Run. And in Shattered Memories, there's not too much to endure. It would last in about fifteen episodes or something, keeping the P4 ER's general length.

Also (again), it's a new game. That kinda kills it.

Dragon Age/Demon's Souls is a better candidate, 'cause the first one is Persona 4-long and the second is a pretty hardcore game. Still, the second reason why SH:SM won't be considered plays its role here too.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FrankCanada97

It's a good game no doubt, but it's too short for an endurance run.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Jeust
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    " It's a good game no doubt, but it's too short for an endurance run. "
    And as a horror game, the endurance run would kill the scares.
    Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
    sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

GB should just record all their gameplay and SELL IT ON VIDEO DISC

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tomance

I really enjoyed their first QL of the game.  Even though there wasn't a whole lot of action it was fun to watch.  Now that I'm actually playing through it I'm not sure if I'd really care to watch them play it.  

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dylabaloo
    @Ghostiet:

It could be called the horror run or the get the hell out of here duder run :P I had an idea like this to an going by the quicklooks of the game already it could be pretty entertaining, the splitting up into to teams is a good idea we'll get to see who in the giantbomb team roleplays in bed :L. I think they should atleast prototype this idea and see what the user feedback is like. OP you should email this into the next bombcast!
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ZenaxPure

This thread makes it painfully obvious that half the people asking for an endurance run for X game have no idea what the word endurance means.

RiddleBrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RiddleBrother
    @Zenaxzd said:
    " This thread makes it painfully obvious that half the people asking for an endurance run for X game have no idea what the word endurance means. "
    A fair point, but I would love to see them play through this game, as it sounds really interesting and I will never play it.
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MeierTheRed

Well it's definitely a much better idea than another JRPG.

Jeremy_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jeremy_x

Would love to see it ER'ed, but it will never happen. They will go with something completely unknown before, if anything...
    Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Alex_Murphy

That sounds like a good idea about splitting it into 2 teams to see how differently it turns out. And since it's on the Wii I'll never get to play it. But I'm sure the next endurance run game they do will have to be some long ass RPG, otherwise it wouldn't be much of an 'endurance'.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By weltal

It's like a six hour game, hardly fit for an endurance run. Beyond that two teams would mean no work being done every time they play the game, as opposed to the former endurance run where at least two people could do some work. 
    Further beyond that point is that the game doesn't change that much from game to game. Yeah, there will be minor points in the story that are different and yes some environment will change ascetically and the ending will differ but really, both games will be for the most part the same and even though I would watch the guys play through the same game multiple times I doubt others would feel the same.

If you really won't play through the game ever and your dieing to see what happens google "Let's Play Silent Hill Shattered Memories" and I'm sure you'll come up with something.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By AndrewB

There would be a lot less of a reason to actually buy the game if all you did was watch it being played through multiple times, since the story is the big draw to the game. At least Persona 4 has the thrill of the gameplay to back it up.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Bones8677

I would love for them to at least do a Let's Play of this game. When they had the first quick look they were kinda in the mood for it, their making jokes when the car is spinning out of control was great. But yeah it wouldn't be a very long endurance run. Frankly the next Endurance Run should be a Final Fantasy game or some other JRPG, I think we would get more enjoyment out of those types of games.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By rjayb89

If they're going to do another endurance run, it should be an obscure foreign game.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bubahula

i really wish it would happen. but it wont

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By scarace360

If they do another ER they need a long obscure game that not that many people have played.  ER on wow would be pritty funny see jeff and vinny playing together. The raids they would fuck up that would be a sight to see.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FrankCanada97

There's also the matter of how they would treat the game. If they go through it laughs a plenty, it would probably defeat the atmosphere of the game. If they treat it seriously as a horror/survival game, I doubt many users would keep interest in the run.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MeierTheRed
    @Bones8677 said:
    " I would love for them to at least do a Let's Play of this game. When they had the first quick look they were kinda in the mood for it, their making jokes when the car is spinning out of control was great. But yeah it wouldn't be a very long endurance run. Frankly the next Endurance Run should be a Final Fantasy game or some other JRPG, I think we would get more enjoyment out of those types of games. "
    I don't agree (though i'm sure most here do) i can't stand JRPG's and i don't care about Final Fantasy. I did find the initial 100 episodes of Persona 4 fun cause of the banter between Jeff and Vinny, but i still hated the game so very much, so i didn't watch after the 100th episode i just couldn't bring my self to spend any longer watching that game. 

@rjayb89 said:
    " If they're going to do another endurance run, it should be an obscure foreign game. "
    A really odd and obscure game could be fun to watch.
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Red12b
    @Twilight: 

It's always funny when one of these threads pops up, I thought the whole idea of an ER is to play a game (A long one) all the way to completion because there is no way that the guys could be able to play it in their spare time, So they call it (work) and film it and put it up on the site, So all these suggestions are going to fall on deaf ears, Because,  

)1 Most of the games that people are suggesting are too popular, 
    )2 Are too short, 
    )3 Aren't good enough, 

In my opinion, The staff will have already thought about which games fit these categorys, Have already considered if the ER will be an annual event and I bet they already have some sort of schedule or something set up in the office somewhere,  

They are professionals after all, Even if you don't see them that way, The professionally show their Casual side, and they do it quite well,

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Jeust
    @rjayb89 said:
    " If they're going to do another endurance run, it should be an obscure foreign game. "
    Indigo Prophecy!
    TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheGremp

That's what I was thinking earlier... An ER of this would be cool, albeit short. Also, Indigo Prophecy would be awesome.

Shiftshaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Shiftshaper

I have been thinking the same thing about a lot of games lately. It's gotten to the point where I dont care what game what game they pick anymore as long as they just get on with it already. 
    DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By DanielJW
    @Shiftshaper said:
    " I have been thinking the same thing about a lot of games lately. It's gotten to the point where I dont care what game what game they pick anymore as long as they just get on with it already.  "

Let them have their break fellas. It can't be easy producing 20-60 minutes chunks of video every day, five days a week, for upwards of six months. An endurance run, if they do another, will come when it comes. And I'm sure when it does they'll have an awesome game picked out.
    Iceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Iceland

The game is far too personal to be an ER, I recommend all of you play it instead. Much more powerful that way. 

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#29  Edited By citizenkane
    @Red12b said:
    "@Twilight: 

)2 Are too short, 
    )3 Aren't good enough, 

#1 is a stupid reason.  If anything, they should disqualify games that nobody cares about, not games that everybody loves.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By luce

Pretty sure Giantbomb has retired the "Endurance Run" until Jeff can stop looking at his Persona 4 save file and crying

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Red12b
    @CitizenKane said:
    " @Red12b said:
    "@Twilight: 

)2 Are too short, 
    )3 Aren't good enough, 

#1 is a stupid reason.  If anything, they should disqualify games that nobody cares about, not games that everybody loves. "
    Wow, I did not expect this to come back and bite me in the ass,  
    I should have explained myself more clearly, I did not mean if it was popular that they would not do one, I meant I think the whole reason for the P4 ER was to play this game that they knew they would not be able to play in there spare time, They knew it was going to be good, And I don'y know about many of you, but it was not on my radar, So I think that they also wanted to shed some light on a game that they knew was going to be good and would have usually fallen on deaf ears,  

That's what I mean, I think they would try and bring a game to light that not many people has heard of to keep it fresh, I mean, what's the point of making videos of complete run-through of a game, if everybody's just going to play that game anyway.   

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.