Keeping It Simple #30

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Edited By sweep  Moderator

I don't know how we made it to Friday. I have lost and regained my faith in humanity on an almost daily basis. But let's not talk of such darkness. Let's keep it simple... 

YES 

Whilst I'm not sure I would recommend using one for open chest surgery, it is certainly versatile enough to dismember any manner of ugly space zombies. 

• The Black Keys 

Specifically this, but their entire album "Brothers" is pretty fucking fantastic. 

• The Nintendownload X-press 

I know two things, and one of them is Open Wheeled Racing...  

NO 

Yeah that's right, I'm posting this shit at 6:45am. I am not especially happy about it. 

Creepy mother fuckers. I DO NOT LIKE THEM. 

• The Aftermath

Having acquitted my life of all distractions in a desperate attempt to complete my work for a University deadline, that deadline has passed and I find myself with very little remaining extra-curricular activities to occupy my time. Fortunately, there are always threads to moderate...

Thanks For Reading 
    Love Sweep
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I don't know how we made it to Friday. I have lost and regained my faith in humanity on an almost daily basis. But let's not talk of such darkness. Let's keep it simple... 

YES 

Whilst I'm not sure I would recommend using one for open chest surgery, it is certainly versatile enough to dismember any manner of ugly space zombies. 

• The Black Keys 

Specifically this, but their entire album "Brothers" is pretty fucking fantastic. 

• The Nintendownload X-press 

I know two things, and one of them is Open Wheeled Racing...  

NO 

Yeah that's right, I'm posting this shit at 6:45am. I am not especially happy about it. 

Creepy mother fuckers. I DO NOT LIKE THEM. 

• The Aftermath

Having acquitted my life of all distractions in a desperate attempt to complete my work for a University deadline, that deadline has passed and I find myself with very little remaining extra-curricular activities to occupy my time. Fortunately, there are always threads to moderate...

Thanks For Reading 
    Love Sweep
    MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MiniPato

Well, ya know. Space cancer, you need a plasma cutter.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#3  Edited By Little_Socrates

Glad you're digging Brothers, that album's fantastic. I think it crushes every album they have nominated for Album of the Year this year at the Grammy's, which is kind of a bummer. 

About to start Dead Space 2, actually. I beat Dead Space 1 around 7:00 or so (great,) and Dead Space: Ignition a couple hours later (terrible,) so I figured I'd start tomorrow. This week's NDXpress was really funny too. 

How much free time do you find yourself having? Maybe get on the "read a book a week"/"watch a film a week"/"beat a game a week" schedule?

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Dalai

I might get a plasma cutter before Thanksgiving. Gotta show off my cutting skills when carving that turkey.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By audiosnag

Funny you should mention NO to sleep. I just got back out of bed at 2:30 because it seems to be eluding me.
    And yes Brothers is real damn good.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Little_Socrates: I actually read a lot already. I finished "The Name Of The Wind" not long ago after it was recommended to me by Jayge and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the sequel, which is supposed to be coming out in the next few months I think?
    Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Oni
    @Sweep said:
    " @Little_Socrates: I actually read a lot already. I finished "The Name Of The Wind" not long ago after it was recommended to me by Jayge and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the sequel, which is supposed to be coming out in the next few months I think? "
    If you're looking for more great readings (better, even), you MUST read A Game of Thrones. You will not regret it.

Also, Howlin' For You looks amazingly dumb, and I can't decide if that's good or bad. I may be over the whole 'ridiculous but ironic' thing.
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Red12b
    @Dalai said:
    " I might get a plasma cutter before Thanksgiving. Gotta show off my cutting skills when carving that turkey. "
    when did people forget that they are used for cutting through rock...?
    AlphaCentauri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AlphaCentauri

Is this only for Dead Space 2?

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#11  Edited By Little_Socrates
    @Oni: Nah, The Black Keys aren't being ironic, they're celebrating the side of the 60's and 70's that eventually lost. If you listen through the album, you can hear The Rolling Stones winning out over The Beatles, Lynyrd Skynyrd crushing Led Zeppelin, Creedence Clearwater Revival staying relevant, and The Doors beating Eric Clapton. 

Which basically makes for an excellent album.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.