Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sleeping Dogs

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Recreating the thrill of Hong Kong action movies, Sleeping Dogs is an open-world crime adventure that tells the story of undercover officer Wei Shen as he infiltrates a notorious Triad organization in the streets of a fictional Hong Kong.

HD texture pack not recognised?

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Ok so i already owned it for 360 but like everyone else how could i say no to $16 on steam? Anyway i installed the game and HD texture pack but when i run the game and go into display settings it wont let me select the HD pack, keeps telling me i need to download it but i already have an it shows in the steam DLC window. Figured with the sale i cant be the only one so any fixes?

rockman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By rockman10

@Twisted_Scot: same problem.. can't figure it out.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By stonyman65

I downloaded it from steam through the game's menu. I just pressed shift and it popped up along with other DLC, then I just had to download it and wait for it to install. It took a while, so maybe it is still downloading for you.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Yeah it was downloaded and fully installed, it shows up as owned and installed but not recognised when i try to turn it on. So weird, cant find anything on steam forums or goggled info. Nt sure if i can even really un-install it.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By fox01313

Was looking into this too on steam during the download of the HD pack, according to the steam page for it, if you aren't running it above the recommended/high settings then it should show up as something to turn on in the options.

jonnybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By jonnybob

I had this problem and assumed it was because I wasn't running on the higher settings. I'm running a quadro FX1800 video card

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.