#1 Posted by Turkfinn (84 posts) -

so excited about a new sly cooper!

#2 Edited by Buccura (213 posts) -

So very stoked 8D

EDIT: Wait, Sucker Punch isn't making this one... DX

#3 Posted by Natedogg2 (457 posts) -

I cannot wait for this game.

#4 Posted by President_Barackbar (3474 posts) -

Once the original dev jumps ship from a Sony franchise (Spyro, Crash Bandicoot) its time to move on.

#5 Posted by Spike94 (735 posts) -

Awesome!!! Original voice actors it sounds like too! So excited...
#6 Posted by Czarpyotr (307 posts) -

FUCK YES! Oh my god I am so freaking happy about this. Favorite PS2 series tied with MGS. I am so thrilled.

#7 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1219 posts) -

It's the guys who did the hd remakes so hopefully they'll know enough about the franchise to stay true to it and make a good game

#8 Posted by CoruptAI125 (77 posts) -

I still have to get the HD collection. GAMES EVERYWHERE!!!

#9 Posted by Chuck_ (218 posts) -

@Natedogg2 said:

same.

#10 Posted by Redbullet685 (6090 posts) -
@Natedogg2 said:
Same here.
#11 Posted by Stahlbrand (840 posts) -

A new Sly game has been a heavy positive to my someday purchasing a PS3, so I'm very interested in this game. The PS2 games were among my favourites of that generation.

#12 Edited by AlphaDormante (44 posts) -

Very worried about this not being handled by Sucker Punch, but the fact that it sounds like we have three out of three original VAs so far is giving me a spark of hope. 

Just don't turn into Spyro and I will forever continue giving you my money, Sly Cooper franchise.

Edit: Oh Sly theme, how I have missed you so ;;

#13 Posted by spankingaddict (2740 posts) -

Great news! Just don't disappoint us...

#14 Posted by TheChaos (1138 posts) -

Who dispatches a helicopter for a thief?

#15 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -
@TheChaos said:
Who dispatches a helicopter for a thief?
Dudes been stealing stuff for a long time. THEY USE ANY MEANS NECESSARY!
#16 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Yeah! Platforming!

#17 Posted by Altagrave (49 posts) -
@Buccura said:
 Wait, Sucker Punch isn't making this one... DX
ThE TREPIDATION! 

I hope they learned enough about the game from doing the port.
#18 Posted by valrog (3648 posts) -

YEEESSS!!! Can't possibly wait.

#19 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2295 posts) -

Wonder what the sub title means 'thieves in time', do they go back in time or something? Loved the original trilogy so cant wait, just hope if Carmelita is in this one that they give her one of the voice actresses from the first two games or at least someone similar.

#20 Posted by Tesla (1945 posts) -

New Sly, fuck yeah! The world needs more cartoony games (on HD consoles).

#21 Posted by Nate (705 posts) -

Didn't play any Sly Cooper previously, but this looks cool. I guess I just really loved the look of that city, and the art style.  Looks great. The end of t hat trailer kind of sucked.

#22 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

Can't wait!!

#23 Posted by JohnPaulVann (209 posts) -

Nobody gives a fuck about Sly Cooper. Nobody has ever given a fuck about the series. The only reason it sold way back when is because Sony made people buy it. If they didn't, they weren't true Sony fanboys, a fate worse than death. Let's grow up and boycott this reheated mess of a game. Who's with me?

#24 Posted by nasie (126 posts) -
@JohnPaulVann: makes no sense whatsoever.
#25 Posted by christ0phe (946 posts) -
@JohnPaulVann: Terrible attempt at trolling.  You are an idiot
#26 Posted by 49th (2850 posts) -

I've still got to finish the collection. Always been interested in this series and finally playing it is awesome, I will definitely keep track of this game.

#27 Posted by bmehlers (134 posts) -

Wasn't the Sly Cooper franchise developed by Sucker Punch? Are they not developing this one? The end of the trailer says it's developed by Sanzuro Games.

#28 Posted by Hangnail (193 posts) -

Hopefully there will be a silhouetted sex scene between Sly and Carmelita this time around...

#29 Edited by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@christ0phe said:

@JohnPaulVann: Terrible attempt at trolling.  You are an idiot

haha...yes.

Back on topic, I CAN'T WAIT!! I still gotta get the HD collection ;_;
#30 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -
@JohnPaulVann said:
Nobody gives a fuck about Sly Cooper. Nobody has ever given a fuck about the series. The only reason it sold way back when is because Sony made people buy it. If they didn't, they weren't true Sony fanboys, a fate worse than death. Let's grow up and boycott this reheated mess of a game. Who's with me?
this.
#31 Posted by Set (152 posts) -
@JohnPaulVann said:
Everything about your post is wrong. Piss off
#32 Posted by NathHaw (2803 posts) -

Glad to see my favorite platformer from PS2 back with a new game. I hope it's awesome.

#33 Posted by MeatSim (10942 posts) -

I could eat some cheesy macaroni pasta.

#34 Posted by streek471 (21 posts) -

Finally!

#35 Posted by randapandable (4 posts) -
 @JohnPaulVann: I take it you're not a fan of fun.
#36 Posted by Hia7us (10 posts) -
@Cold_Wolven: Yes, they go back in time apparently. I'm hoping for the first actress. Her voice fit so well and it grew on me, the third actress' voice was way to heavy on the accent.
#37 Posted by Hia7us (10 posts) -
@nothingman84 said:

Wasn't the Sly Cooper franchise developed by Sucker Punch? Are they not developing this one? The end of the trailer says it's developed by Sanzuro Games.

Yeah, Sanzoru pitched the idea to Sony that they should make Sly 4 since Sucker Punch is/was busy with Infamous and other concepts. Sony agreed. Sanzuro's CEO says they've been in constant contact with SP about the development so it's authentic. We'll see I guess.
#38 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -

Sly Cooper is in my top 3 favorite game chararcters ever. This is a day one purchase for me.

#39 Posted by HandsomeDom (15 posts) -

Holy shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.