Sly Cooper Returns to Consoles in Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time

Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -
You see? It's totally coming! This is a real logo!

The recent Sly Collection (an HD rerelease of the three Sly Cooper games) on the PS3 revealed that the erstwhile platform mascot would soon be returning to the PlayStation console. At Sony's E3 Press Conference today, Sly Cooper announced his triumphant return in the upcoming PS3 release Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

No dates for the upcoming game were revealed, nor was any in-game footage revealed (the reveal trailer was pre-rendered.. But if you like Sly Cooper and miss his high-quality platformer adventures and his gang of thieves, you can take heart: Sony is making another one… and that's what we know.

#1 Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -
You see? It's totally coming! This is a real logo!

The recent Sly Collection (an HD rerelease of the three Sly Cooper games) on the PS3 revealed that the erstwhile platform mascot would soon be returning to the PlayStation console. At Sony's E3 Press Conference today, Sly Cooper announced his triumphant return in the upcoming PS3 release Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

No dates for the upcoming game were revealed, nor was any in-game footage revealed (the reveal trailer was pre-rendered.. But if you like Sly Cooper and miss his high-quality platformer adventures and his gang of thieves, you can take heart: Sony is making another one… and that's what we know.

#2 Posted by yakov456 (1899 posts) -

Cool.

#3 Edited by Crunchman (380 posts) -

Is it being developed by Sucker Punch? I've always liked the lighthearted nature of this series.

#4 Posted by SamFo (1514 posts) -

woooo

#5 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

Nice to know that it is coming.

#6 Posted by MJHAYLETT (437 posts) -

sweet

#7 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

geoff kehilgy said they would have some a demo on GT sometime tomorrow

#8 Posted by christ0phe (952 posts) -

Love Sly, I may have to buy a PS3 in the coming months

#9 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

I played half the the 2nd one then never played it again, all i remember is jumping over lasers.

Kinda wish i still had my PS2 so i could figure out what i'm missing out on.

#10 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

I can't wait, loved the Sly games

#11 Posted by KickahaOta (142 posts) -

I need this. I need this now. This creates a void in my life that must be filled by this.

#12 Posted by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

@slightconfuse: Can you double check that spelling? I thought it was pronounced Keeheehawly?

#13 Posted by Texaswatermelon (4 posts) -

Really looking forward to this marvelous game.

#14 Posted by WillieMcBride (59 posts) -

This is ridiculously exciting.

#15 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -
@KickahaOta said:

I need this. I need this now. This creates a void in my life that must be filled by this.

Absolutely.
#16 Posted by TheWyotee93 (187 posts) -

Awesome
#17 Posted by Altersparck (70 posts) -

We need more light-hearted games and this is a step in the right direction. 

#18 Posted by Yummylee (21271 posts) -

Really oughta play that HD collection sometime. But there's already (and now more with the GoW Origins collection) so much coming out that I'm completely stripped =(

#19 Posted by Chuck_ (201 posts) -

Sucker Punch not working on this makes me sad.

#20 Posted by ghostNPC (761 posts) -

Who is developing this? Any word?

#21 Posted by LoktarOgar (354 posts) -

While I am happy about this, I'm surprised they showed absolutely nothing of R&C: All 4 One.

#22 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1670 posts) -

I love this series so much, I'm glad they are making another one! :)

#23 Posted by Stahlbrand (835 posts) -

Is good news. If it is baller I might need a ps3.

#24 Posted by papercut (3449 posts) -

@Crunchman said:

Nice! I have failed...

Is it being developed by Sucker Punch? I've always liked the lighthearted nature of this series.

In the trailer it showed the developer of the collections logo in the back...

so unfortunately I don't think so.

#25 Posted by Sammo21 (3212 posts) -

Exciting! I can't wait as this series is great.

@LoktarOgar: Maybe they didn't want to give insomniac too much time because of 3rd party run? lol

#26 Posted by cvandtherailers (18 posts) -

Can not wait

#27 Posted by Zippedbinders (983 posts) -

Pretty excited, Sly is an excellent series. Sly 2 in particular features some of the strongest game design I've ever seen.

#28 Posted by MeatSim (10771 posts) -

Weird if Sucker Punch really isn't making this game.

#29 Posted by depecheload (495 posts) -

Woooot! I love Sly Cooper as much as a non-furry can.

#30 Posted by Cybexx (1152 posts) -

So I can't help but notice they've yet again neglected to announce a developer. That makes me really nervous.

#31 Posted by Trebz (487 posts) -

This actually made the Sony conference for me. Sony could have announced the Vita with an MSRP of $2,150 and I'd still be extremely pleased with them overall.

#32 Posted by Toxin066 (3254 posts) -

I think the title is kind of lazy, but I'd like to play Sly 4 now. Like, right now.

#33 Posted by Crono (2640 posts) -

Fuck yeah!

#34 Posted by hagridore (500 posts) -

FUCK YES.

#35 Posted by morecowbell24 (100 posts) -

It's like ...:IV Turtles in Time except Thieves

#36 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2377 posts) -

I'll believe it.

#37 Posted by semicolon1twlev2 (894 posts) -

Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, and Ratchet & Clank: the three platformers that made the PS2 great.  I want a PS3 for this game, now...

#38 Posted by TheMightyPes (7 posts) -

YES!!! Finally

#39 Posted by Nightfang (376 posts) -

Thats cool.

#40 Posted by Diachron (91 posts) -

Now we're talking!

#41 Posted by pepper (304 posts) -

Not loving the next high-def look of the game. Granted, that was almost definitely a pre-rendered trailer. But I'm still really excited for this game as long as it is developed by Sucker Punch.

#42 Posted by Devoid (429 posts) -

Woah; now that you mention it, the logo looks like it's made of WordArt. Still, can't wait for this.

#43 Posted by NightSkies (24 posts) -

This announcement made me finally pull the trigger on a PS3

#44 Posted by Tetharion (23 posts) -

Love the Sly Series, can't wait!

#45 Posted by funk_oddysey (52 posts) -

Here's to hoping that Sanzaru Games has captured and understand the great gameplay and charm of the sly series when they compiled the first 3 in the collection. More great platformers, Im in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.