Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SolForge

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 04, 2013

SolForge is a Kickstarter-funded Digital Collectible Game from Stone Blade Entertainment, the designers of Ascension, and Richard Garfield, the creator of Magic: the Gathering.

Set 3 "Secrets of Solis" Released

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#1  Edited By StarvingGamer

Update: The iOS store has fixed the issue and the game is now out on all platforms! Hooray!

The servers are back up and now "Secrets of Solis" is available for PC and Android users. Unfortunately an "issue" with the app store update process caused the iOS update to be delayed. SBE are working on getting it fixed but right now they have no ETA.

But enough about all that. I suppose you're wondering what's new with this update. Well, aside from the 60 new cards come three new keywords, Consistent, Overload, and Solbind.

• Consistent - appears on Level 2 or higher cards, guarantees the card will be in the top 20 with every shuffle
    • Overload - card is removed from deck upon playing
    • Solbind - adds additional, specific cards to your deck that do not count towards 30-card limit

Other fun stuff includes the ability to view the deck and discard pile which some of the new cards take advantage of and new deck validation rules that will allow them to get more creative with future Weekend Warrior events. Draft has undergone a massive change as a majority of the Common, Uncommon, and Rare cards from Set 1 have been removed from the format. In total, 122 cards from Alpha can no longer be drafted.

Alpha Common, Uncommon, and Heroic cards not removed from draft:

Alloyin

• Forge Guardian Alpha
    • Jet Pack
    • Cypien Augmentation
    • Forge Guardian Beta
    • Forge Guardian Gamma
    • Oreian Battledroid

Nekrium

• Death Seeker
    • Graveborn Glutton
    • Dr. Frankenbaum
    • Tarsus Deathweaver
    • Rite of the Grimgaunt
    • Xrath, Dreadknight of Varna
    • Death Seeker

Tempys

• Nargath Bruiser
    • Windcaller Shaman
    • Flamestoke Shaman
    • Zephyr Mage
    • Fervent Assault
    • Master of Elements

Uterra

• Brighttusk Sower
    • Ether Hounds
    • Spring Dryad
    • Venomfang
    • Lifeblood Dryad
    • Restless Wanderers

Oh, and Alloyin got a new Forgeborn

No Caption Provided

Also they made a bunch of balance changes including a nerf to Zimus even though, like, no one plays Zimus any more.

Razortooth Stalker

o Level 2:

• Before: When Razortooth Stalker deals battle damage to a player, it gets +4 attack and +4 health.
    • After: When Razortooth Stalker deals battle damage to a player, it gets +3 attack and +3 health.

o Level 3:

• Before: When Razortooth Stalker deals battle damage to a player, it gets +6 attack and +6 health.
    • After: When Razortooth Stalker deals battle damage to a player, it gets +5 attack and +5 health.

Shardthief Druid

o Template updated for clarity (ability did not change)

Death Seeker

o Spirit Warriors have calmed down – are now only Spirits

Zimus the Undying

o Level 3 Changed

o Before: When Zimus, the Undying is destroyed, return him to the field into one of your available spaces at random.

o After: When Zimus, the Undying is destroyed, put a level 3 Zimus, the Returned into one of your available spaces at random.

o Zimus, the Returned Level 3:

• At the end of the turn, replace Zimus, the Returned with a level 3 Zimus, the Undying.

Forge Guardian Omega

o Art Updated

o Added Consistent

o Large Card View of Omega now shows all 3 levels of the card

Restless Wanderers

o Creature type now “Spirit Wanderers”.

o Ability now triggers off of “Spirit Wanderers” entering the field.

Ghostscale Cobra

o Ability text now correctly indicates that it triggers off of “battle damage”

Metasight

o Text updated at all levels to reflect card functionality

o Before: Discard up to 2 cards and level them.

o After: Discard two cards and level them.

Lyria, Muse of Varna

o Can now return creatures that have been either destroyed or replaced.

o (KNOWN BUG) Lyria Level 3 only brings back one creature killed or replaced this game. This will be fixed in a future update.

Varna’s Pact

o Can now return creatures that have been either destroyed or replaced.

o Varna’s Pact was slowing games when in hand. This problem has been fixed. However, Varna’s Pact will now be playable even if no creatures have died or been replaced this game (in which case it will not summon anything when played).

Oxidon Spitter

o Now can only target creatures with Armor

Nightgaunt

o Now gains 1 regenerate whenever a creature dies at all levels.

o Attack and Health Updated

• Level 1:
      • Before: 4/6
      • After: 4/5
    • Level 2:
      • Before: 8/10
      • After: 8/9
    • Level 3:
      • Before: 15/17
      • After: 15/16

BinBen, the Lightning Herald

o BinBen has learned to better control lightning, and now summons level 2 and 3 Lightning Elementals at level 2 and 3. (he still summons 2 elementals at level 2, and fills the lanes at level 3)

• Level 2: 7/5
    • Level 3: 11/8

Steelscale Dragon

o Once again has creature type Robot Dragon

All in all, it's a very interesting update. They've added quite a few cards/mechanics that will help mitigate variance (which seems to be the biggest complaint about the game) but they've also added a mechanic in Solbind that can dramatically increase variance. The meta is about to get rocked and I can't wait to see what comes out on top. I'm still determined to make AT Mobility work even if Uterra got an amazing hate card to use against mobility. And maybe Forge Guardian Omega is a viable archetype? (No, no it isn't.)

I'm super bummed that the iOS version is busted as I'm going to be gone for the weekend. Hopefully they get this fixed soon or else I'm going to have to beg my Beyoncé's little brother to let me use his PC.

EDIT: Seems like as a stealth update they've also added Legendary chest rewards for an unknown number of wins. Seems like there are at least 2 chests you can get for like... 10 wins and 10 online wins...? Also a community member who works closely with the dev team has hinted that there are more rewards to be found.

EDIT2: Also apparently this release is rife with bugs, so maybe that's what's holding up the iOS update...? I'm having too much fun with my new AT Mobility deck to care, though.

EDIT3: NM, this is what's holding up the iOS release

Just got off the phone with the Apple rep. Here's a summary of the pertinent details:

• Apple is having a system wide issue that is preventing approved apps from being published.
    • Our app was approved yesterday, we went to publish @ 11pm EST and it failed to push
    • Apple support has said the issue is a top priority and should be resolved Soon

We're sorry about this delay and share your frustration. We'll be keeping you abreast with anything we learn as the day goes on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.