Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 16, 2012

A sequel to the 2010 kart racer featuring Sega mascots driving vehicles that adapt to land, sea and air.

Anyone else have hopes for this?

pepperzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pepperzz

Not exactly high hopes, but decent level hopes that this will be a good game.

I've been following the news on this game for a while, but it's only been recently that I noticed that it's a mixture of former Bizarre and Black Rock employees making this game. Both studios were prematurely (or inexplicably) closed by their corporate overlords...which sucked big time. Their racing games weren't exactly perfect, but they were fun and exciting. They did something new and interesting.

Hopefully all of that will translate over into this game.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By danielkempster

I'm looking forward to this, definitely. I played through the original Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing earlier this year, and it's a surprisingly great kart racer. It did seem a lot like a 'foundations' game, though - a solid base on which I hope future instalments will iterate. If Transformed can pull that off, and the shape-shifting vehicle stuff doesn't turn out to be too gimmicky, then I'm sure I'll get just as much enjoyment out of it as I did with its predecessor, if not more.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Sterling

So wait, is this the same game with new content? Or did they actually make a whole new game?

ds8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ds8k

@oulzac said:

So wait, is this the same game with new content? Or did they actually make a whole new game?

It's a whole new game.

I'm hoping the PC version have online play this time. If it doesn't then I'll have to pass again. It's humorous to me that the developer left out online because "PC people will just steal it." I know at least 5 other people that would have bought the game but didn't because it lacked online multiplayer. So stupid.

EDIT: http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/05/steve-lycett-answers-fans/

Executive Producer answered a question there that seems to imply the PC version will have online play, so that's promising.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

I S-ranked the original, and I highly enjoyed my time with the game. I just hope they fixed the frame rate issues and made it to where someone like Shadow isn't the most overpowered racer in the game.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RE_Player1

I want the Vita version but am afraid it will be just a 3DS port like Lego Batman 2.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By Timing

Sure. The original was great and this one has transforming vehicles and Vyse. What's not to like?

That said, I probably won't get it right away, what with it coming out so close to Far Cry 3 and Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
    deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really have any high hopes for this game. I have all of the other ones but honestly don't play them or enjoy them much. That being said they are solid games and I would imagine this one will be as well.

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By abdo

Yup, I think I might be getting it day one.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By drac96

@BillyTheKid said:

I don't really have any high hopes for this game. I have all of the other ones but honestly don't play them or enjoy them much. That being said they are solid games and I would imagine this one will be as well.

Huh? There was only one other Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing game.

I have fairly high hopes for this game. I S ranked the original as well and still play it from time to time. While it is a Mario Kart clone it handles differently enough to justify its existence. Hopefully the boats and planes add to the experience instead of detract from it.

muralbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By muralbat

Pre-ordered this for the Wii U (it was £25) I loved the first one,played the shit out of it, fun quick and stupid. Everything I love

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By egg

I heard Billy Hatcher isn't in it? If so then there is reason to be optimistic.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
    deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drac96: Well I have the one on Nintendo Wii as well as for the Nintendo DS and they are very different. I assumed that they were different games, I am sorry my bad. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.