Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soulcalibur IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 29, 2008

The fifth installment in Namco's Soul series of weapon-based fighting games, Soulcalibur IV is the first to be released on seventh-generation consoles and the first online entry in the series. It's known for its use of Star Wars characters as guest fighters.

Is This Game Active?

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By MAST

Was just wondering if this game still has a healthy online community going or not. Is it hard to find a person to fight against, or does it happen pretty quickly? Also, is the online really laggy? Or does it work pretty well?

Secondly, how is this game as a whole? I'm recently getting into fighting games, but i didn't like Street Fighter IV for some reason. However, i played Super Smash Bros. Brawl at a friends and i liked it a lot (was easier to wrap my mind around). I also played an older Tekken game, and some other fighting game i don't remember the name of. I liked them both though, a lot more then i liked the Street Fighters. So i'm wondering how this game is?

I like the idea of creating my own fighter and pitting him against others. I wish there were more fighting games like that. I want a fighting game more involved then just pick a premade dude, learn his skills, and fight against another person who may, or may not pick the same exact dude.

Anyways, i saw this game at a local game store for like 20 bucks, and was wondering if it was worth it.

siren32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By siren32

yes its awesome but technical. your gonna get pummelled as its been out for awhile. so if your good at fighters, go for it. i always play online.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kashif1

ps3 version is active, however there are poeple there who are unbeatable.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Well I've been playing on Xbox LIVE and I've found that lag isn't a problem and that it's not hard finding a match but that the players on there were no slouches and there is some very serious online competition. I think if you liked Tekken and similar games you'll like this and I'd say it's worth the 20 bucks.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ParanoidFreak

It's fairly active, you only need to find one other person to play a game so you don't need to worry too much about how large the community is.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MAST

Just bought it. Was only 25 bucks, and at the very least me and my friend have more fun playing this then we ever did playing Street Fighter IV. Why? I have no idea. We just do.

Thanks for the advice guys.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By BBQBram

Well worth the money, the most fluid 3D fighter I've played. The online is pretty decent, and pretty active still.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.