Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Souls

Franchise »

Developed by FromSoftware, these games are third-person action RPGs famous for their punishing difficulty.

Got any favorite weapons?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TobbRobb

So since I only just recently got a ps3 to play Demon's Souls, my perspective got a bit skewered by playing DkS first. And even though some things were obviously improved inbetween games, I still have a really good time! Though as expected the first time through a Souls game is harrowing and stressful.

That's why I got so relieved when I found my old friend. The Bastard Sword. The blade that is long, but not too long. Strong but not too slow, Sleek but not simple. A true comrade in every situation through its versatile moveset! It's comforting presence has brought me alive through rolling asshole skeletons and faceeating squids in Demon's Souls and has tasted the blood of every. last. enemy. in Dark Souls. It's yet to fail me, and I'll be damned if it ever will. I love that goddamn sword so much.

Now I ask of you GB Souls fans. What is your favorite weapon, and why? Is it your go to weapon in usefullness or just one you think is badass or interesting in their own ways. Share people! Share!

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HerbieBug

Meat Cleaver. Because it is very big and very silly and very awesome. :D

Also it is pretty easy to get early in the game if you don't mind looking up the procedure in a FAQ. One of the things I dislike about the Souls games is unclear criteria for weapon upgrades. Darks is better than Demon's is in this regard but it could still do with more transparency. Demon's in particular had scenarios where upgrading a weapon too much in the basic path would make it ineligible for switching over to the special upgrade path.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By envane

hmn ... winged spear ? not the dark souls version ..

or miridan hammer ?

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SuperWristBands

Ha! I just finished a playthrough of Dark Souls using an Occult Bastard Sword yesterday and I hated that weapon! :p It didn't have the speed I wanted or range I expected but I stubbornly pushed through. It does shine in areas, of course, but I found it less than appealing.

As for my favourite weapon, I like the faster swords. Longsword/Estoc/Uchigatana. I don't play around with weapons all that often and so I haven't used many but I did like the Uchigatana when I ran through with a dex build. I also like the one-handed RT/R2 attack as it is a nice poke.

This is all based on Dark Souls. I don't even remember what I used in Demon's Souls anymore.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By TobbRobb

@SuperWristBands: The Uchigatana was the first weapon I finished the game with. ^^ It's definitely up there as a favorite.

And if we are only talking about how "good" they are, I actually prefer the Zweihander over the Bastard, the longer reach and heavier blows are more useful in most fights. I just think it doesn't fit as well with my sense of aesthetics as the sheath and shorter blade of the Bastard Sword.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Turambar

I've recently come to enjoy the Black Knight halberd quite a lot. Easy to upgrade (can get it to +3 with just two crystal lizard kills), and relatively low stat requirements if you two hand it. Low scaling, but holy smokes it does a lot of damage.

That said, +15 Baldur Swag Sword. The broest of swords.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7  Edited By Giantstalker

The Zweihander. It had reach and did enough damage to stagger most enemies. Loved using it.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By jacksukeru

I really liked the Battleaxe, you would get up close to an enemy and go all UGH UGH UGH!! I found it less useful late game though, once you ran into the really big enemies, which is a shame.

The Meat Cleaver on the other hand, which I played through the PC version with, is friggin' great and stayed that way all throughout the game. Then again it is just a big axe with a completely funny heavy attack animation that also happens to be useful.

Da Darah Darah! *chop*

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ExplodeMode

In Demon's Souls I ended up using the Phosphorescent Pole for mana regen, with the Adjudicator's shield for HP regen. I mostly used spells, but the regen and the range was a pretty nice combo when I needed it.

I had a Dragon Bone Smasher character build too, for just bounching everything off the floor.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Doctorchimp

Demon Souls, uchigatana, sticky white bow, claymore and dragonbone smasher.

Dark Souls, I really need to get back into this game. I'm waiting for it to go on sale on Steam before just diving right back in. I only did one playthrough on the PS3 and kind of shelved it.

But I remember using Uchigatana, Iaito, and the Quelaag Fury Sword.

JNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By JNSK

Chaos Zweihander. Amazing reach and really goddamn powerful. Black Knight Greataxe is a close second.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.