Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Space Pirates and Zombies

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 15, 2011

Space Pirates and Zombies is an action spaceship combat strategy game with RPG elements.

Spice Pirates and Zombies: Worth Checking Out

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Junkerman

Stumbled upon this game on steam last night, there's a very lengthy demo available that gives a good feel (or so I think) of what this game is about.  I can see it getting a little repetitive after a while, since there isn't much depth.  But from what I've played so far, I've been having a blast.

Check it out!

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Junkerman

The title should read "Space Pirates and Zombies"  not **Spice.  Im going to bed...

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Giefcookie

Totalbisquit has a great WTF on it. And he did some voicework for it aswell I think.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ZimboDK
    @Giefcookie said:

Totalbisquit has a great WTF on it. And he did some voicework for it aswell I think.

I knew that voice was familiar. For some reason I kept thinking it was Yahtzee, but it just sounded wrong.

Also, I bought the game on a whim. Didn't really know what to expect. It's extremely fun, except for the final battle. Still haven't beaten it.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By onarum

I don't like the combat very much, but it looks to be fun for what I played of the demo, unfortunately my gaming budget for the month is already blown :P

I'm sure it will be on sale at some point though, and also it seems that they're planning on adding a lot of stuff post release so I guess it's best to wait anyway.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Giantstalker

I played the demo, it was alright. What's the largest ship you can get? I only got to the 2nd level of size and there seems to be three more after that...

UnrulyRuffian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By UnrulyRuffian

I've ploughed 20 hours into this game. I'm not sure what it is, but it scratches this itch that harkens back to the days of getting hooked on random shareware on my 486.

Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
    deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just completed the game after 41 hours. Equipping my team with maxed out laser tech after struggling a bit in the mid-game was sweet, sweet revenge. My ships were slicing through zombies like it was a zombie-slicing party!

I highly recommend this game. It can be a bit grind-y, but there's lots of customization to suite different play styles, a decent story, and good replayability.

It's hard to believe this game was made by only two dudes. No outsourcing. Nothing. Just two dudes doing all the programming, art, and even voices.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.