Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spelunky

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

As a brave, but fragile adventurer, explore dangerous procedurally-generated caves to collect treasure and gain better equipment, before dying horribly and starting all over again.

Duder Explorers Club (Spelunky Daily Challenge 2014-01-14)

amarriner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Spelunky Daily Challenge (January 14, 2014)

Faaaaaaaar worse than yesterday. Super derp.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RonGalaxy

I just played it and had my worse death yet.....

I was in the caves and had 13 freaking hearts. the most I've ever had. I saw a damsel and wanted to sacrifice it at the nearby alter, but I had a shotgun and the damsel was too far up to return to. So I dropped the shotgun down and got the damsel, and when I went down to drop it off at the alter I realized the shotgun was stuck on one of those blocks that causes things to jump. Stupid me was already falling down when I realized it, so I got stuck in an endless sequence of me getting hit by the shotgun while it was jumping up, and it was impossible to get out of because it kept knocking me out. I had to watch this happen 13 times as each heart was taken away... It was fucking brutal. Fuck this game; I love it so much it makes me mad.

Also, I just realized I had climbing gloves and I could have dropped the shotgun down by the alter and come back for the damsel... FUCK MY LIFE

jeconner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This death was real dumb, guys. I don't even.

Loading Video...

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:( I wish the 360 version had daily challenges.....

jeconner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeconner

Spelunky Daily Challenge (January 14, 2014)

Faaaaaaaar worse than yesterday. Super derp.

Wait what? How did we get different sacrifice rewards? I didn't think that was possible.

amarriner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By amarriner

@jeconner: Hmm yeah I didn't think so either, that's weird. I didn't notice that! I'll have to rewatch them later (can't at the moment), but what may have happened is that one of us already had the reward item and thus got a different one?

Edit: Nevermind, just watched them again and yeah different shoes. I thought the sacrifices were always the same, too! Weird.

Edit #2: Also, yeah tough death, man, sorry. I hate those UFOs. Sometimes they bounce in a way you don't expect.

amarriner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By amarriner

Chris Remo's (and Olly Moss, apparently) Run

Looks like they had some steam quality issues...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.