Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spelunky

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

As a brave, but fragile adventurer, explore dangerous procedurally-generated caves to collect treasure and gain better equipment, before dying horribly and starting all over again.

Duder Explorers Club (Spelunky Daily Challenge 2014-02-01)

amarriner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

You guys, I don't know how to play Spelunky anymore...

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I went with @thurbleton's Fast Saturday Challenge. Although, I forgot about it for the first 8 mins of the run >_>

No Caption Provided

The extra second or so is from the dying animation that happened after I pressed the End Adventure button.

@amarriner, I assume you were doing the 10 min challenge too, right? :P

thurbleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By thurbleton

My entry for the Fast Friday Speedy Saturday challenge ended exactly how I wanted; in horrible, horrible death. I can't wait till next week to try to balance my greed vs the time given.

Loading Video...

Here is a brief run down of what the 'speed challenge' were talking about is....

The Fast Friday Speedy Saturday Challenge is welcome to anyone to try. Here are the rules...

• The person with the most money wins
    • You have either 10 in game minutes or 12 real time minutes to complete the challenge (if you are still alive at that time you choose to [End Adventure] from the menu)
    • Anything goes; Ghosting farming, killing shopkeepers, Olmec or Yama bonus cash, etc
    • Proof of either end of game screenshot showing in game time + money with your death or a video recording of your run is needed for submission

The point is to show skill in acquiring money while also managing your time efficiently as well as providing shorter footage to compare with other racers as well as 'level the playing field' for spelunkers who haven't gotten out of the first few worlds. If you are in need of a 'stopwatch' you can one of the timers from Speed Runs Live

Here are the scores so far

• Name / Money / Time
    1. @beachthunder with $60850 in 10min 01sec
    2. @thurbleton with $22,900 in 2min 19sec
    3. @amarriner with $22,850 in 8min 4sec
    4. @jayc4life with $15,900 in 3min 32sec

Again, time is only counted if over the 10/12 timer

I will update the leaderboard as people post

Senhasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Senhasa

I probably won't ever do the speed challenge.

Man, what a shitty seed... but I was able to beat Yama at least. The only items I had when I beat Yama were the Hedjet, Shotgun, Spike Boots, and a Cape (...I got the Cape from a vampire in Hell). The only good thing about this seed was the abundance of bombs. My bombs weren't sticky, though.

No Caption Provided

I really wanna know how the hell cbm managed to get 2.3 million on this seed...

jayc4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Loading Video...

Guess they call it Speedy Saturday for a reason. That reason being speedy death.

thurbleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By thurbleton

@jayc4life really nice jukes around the ghost, hope you enjoyed the challenge and gl next time!

amarriner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.