Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows sees Spider-Man facing off against nemesis Venom and his army of Symbiotes with the help of both Marvel heroes and villains.

What were they THINKING?

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Alright, just want to start this out by saying that I enjoy Web of Shadows. It's has pretty damn fun gameplay, and I love how all the moves are quick and fluid.

So with that said, what the hell were they THINKING with the collectibles? I mean, there's already an experience system set up, but instead of gaining experience and leveling up, you have to go out of your way to find dumbass collectibles. Seriously, there have been so many times where I'm just slinging along my way, and have to stop to grab those stupid things. What do you guys think about all this?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

You know that those collectibles have nothing to do with leveling up right...

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

I think the entire game could be summed up with 'What were they thinking?' Seriously, I don't see how a good Spider-Man game is so hard to make.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kush
    HandsomeDead said:
    "I think the entire game could be summed up with 'What were they thinking?' Seriously, I don't see how a good Spider-Man game is so hard to make."
    I really think that the story/writing and VAing is what kills this game. The story is so awful and that was the part of the game that I was looking forward to more than anything else...one of my biggest disappointments all year.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
    Kush said:
    "You know that those collectibles have nothing to do with leveling up right..."
    What are you talking about? Every time you get a collectible, it tells you how many more you need to level up.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kush
    TheGTAvaccine said:
    "Kush said:
    What are you talking about? Every time you get a collectible, it tells you how many more you need to level up."
    From my experience (and from what I remember) they don't actually have anything to do with leveling up spider-man or allowing him to upgrade his suit...I'm pretty sure things just open up as you progress through the story.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
    Kush said:
    "TheGTAvaccine said:
    "Kush said:
    What are you talking about? Every time you get a collectible, it tells you how many more you need to level up."
    From my experience (and from what I remember) they don't actually have anything to do with leveling up spider-man or allowing him to upgrade his suit...I'm pretty sure things just open up as you progress through the story."
    Yeah, the unlocking stuff unlocks on it's own but the collectibles "Increase Spider-Man's swing speed and the size of his Health and Special Meters" (taken directly from the status screen)
    Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Bulldog19892

I think you just summed up the entire game in a single question.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kush

I had no idea the collectibles actually meant anything...I don't remember them explicitly saying that anywhere during the game, but who cares...the game sucks. The only thing I actually liked was the collectible system. I am a sucker for collecting crap and the fact that the locations show up on the map after you find 1000 is awesome!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Kush said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "I think the entire game could be summed up with 'What were they thinking?' Seriously, I don't see how a good Spider-Man game is so hard to make."
    I really think that the story/writing and VAing is what kills this game. The story is so awful and that was the part of the game that I was looking forward to more than anything else...one of my biggest disappointments all year."
    They should try to get an actual comic scribe to pen a story, instead of allowing the in-studio writers to shoehorn what equates to bad fan fiction.  Shaba pretty well nailed the controls, now they just need a sense of pacing and variety.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.