Keighley announces the first info for Spike VGA

#1 Posted by 617_jbug (341 posts) -

A new Alan Wake will be there, new info on MGS Rising and a new game from Bioware.

GOTY nominees are:

Portal 2

Batman AC

Uncharted 3

Skyrim

Zelda

Most anticipated (fan vote)

Halo 4

The Last Guardian

Bioshock Infinite

Diablo 3

Mass Effect 3

#2 Posted by ImpendingFoil (555 posts) -

Yay!?!

When are the awards? I usually just DVR them and fast forward through all the award parts.

#3 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

Gotta admit, I like all the anouncements and stuff. however if they have dane cook again, I don't think the show will survive. I mean, my goodness, the man is HORRIBLE. At least no one in the audience laughed at their shittyness.

#4 Posted by Creamypies (4012 posts) -

New Alan Wake sounds exciting!

#5 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4655 posts) -

Two of the games nominated are not even released yet.

#6 Posted by Aegon (5118 posts) -

By new info on MGS rising you mean a video right? That's the whole show. They don't just give you some new info about a game on the side or in text format. 

#7 Posted by masterpaperlink (1823 posts) -

I think skyrim or portal will win

#8 Posted by Maelstrom (38 posts) -

No Witcher 2 in the GOTY category? Just call it the Spike Console Awards (powered by DEW!!!) instead of the Video Game Awards.

#9 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9765 posts) -

I haven't really watched since Samuel L. Jackson was host. It's always just been easier to read who wins afterward, and watch the trailers afterward.

#10 Posted by 617_jbug (341 posts) -

@Creamypies said:

It's officially Alan Wake 2. Game Informer will release the screenshots next week.

#11 Posted by NTM (7034 posts) -

@Creamypies said:

#12 Posted by Vexxan (4598 posts) -

New Alan Wake?  

YES!!

#13 Posted by Dany (7886 posts) -

Microsoft has forced their first party developers into 2 year cycle for games, which what I think is for the worst.

Viva Pinata, Fable, Forza and now Alan Wake?

#14 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (5797 posts) -

Wonder what that new Bioware game is? I'm betting Dragon Age 3.

#15 Edited by NTM (7034 posts) -

I don't like the VGA show though; I mean come on, Neal Patrick Harris getting best voice acting last year? It was only because he hosted the damn thing. I'm excited for the news though.

#16 Posted by 617_jbug (341 posts) -

Remedy recently was at Microsoft Studios, I'm wondering if Microsoft is planning to buy Remedy.

#17 Posted by JJOR64 (18784 posts) -

@Creamypies said:

True that! Also curious about the MGS:R thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.