Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Splatoon

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 29, 2015

A third-person shooter/platformer hybrid that lets players paint the environment in colored ink and turn into squids to quickly traverse it. Along with a solo adventure and local one-on-one multiplayer, the game's main focus is its 4-on-4 online multiplayer battles.

clothes brands significance?

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By katpottz

Hi all, Do any of you guys know if the "brand names" (tentatek, firefin, zekko, etc.) on the items of clothing have any significance? I have tried making my outfit of clothes all one brand but it does not seem to have any visible benefits.

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
    SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Maybe a later patch that will include a mechanic ala The World Ends With You, where players affect the fashion sense of Inkopolis, by fighting with brands equipped.

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By katpottz

@subliminalkitteh: huh, So the more popular a brand would be the more it would be stocked in stores? (I never played the world ends with you so I assume this might be what you mean.)

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
    SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@katpottz: essentially a zone in TWEWY would have a ranking of what's hot and what's not. A hot brand would get benefits, while the not brand would be less effective. The game map would notify you what brands were on the list, clothing and pins would change it as you battle, but only the pins were affected by the chart. Visually, the people who wander Shibuya would be wearing the brands on the chart, with the hottest brand having the most of those npcs. Stores always stocked the same stuff between weeks.

DonkeyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By DonkeyKong

@katpottz said:

Hi all, Do any of you guys know if the "brand names" (tentatek, firefin, zekko, etc.) on the items of clothing have any significance? I have tried making my outfit of clothes all one brand but it does not seem to have any visible benefits.

Apparently the brand of the clothing effects the chances of what perks you get when you level them up:

The brands affect the chances of getting certain secondary abilities when you level your gear up. Most brand have one common ability (which is an ability that is five times more likely to appear), and an uncommon ability (which is an ability that has only half the chance to appear).

Amiibo, Cuttlegear, and KOG brands don't affect secondary abilities in any way.

Firefin - 5x chance for Ink Saver (Sub), 1/2 chance for Ink Recovery Sub

Forge - 5x chance for Special Duration Up, 1/2 chance for Ink Saver (Sub)

Inkline - 5x Defense Up, 1/2 Damage Up

Krak-On - 5x Swim Speed Up, 1/2 Defense Up

Rockenberg - 5x Run Speed Up, 1/2 Swim Speed Up

Skalop - 5x Quick Respawn, 1/2 Special Saver

Splash Mob - 5x Ink Saver (Main), 1/2 Run Speed Up

Squidforce - 5x Damage Up, 1/2 Ink Saver Main

Takoroka - 5x Special Charge Up, 1/2 Special Duration Up

Tentatek - 5x Ink Recovery Up, 1/2 Quick Super Jump

Zekko - 5x Special Saver, 1/2 Special Charge Up

Zink - 5x Quick Super Jump, 1/2 Quick Respawn

All info from the strategy guide.

From Gamefaqs

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805617-splatoon/71920352/822525977

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By katpottz

@donkeykong: wow, thanks man! Do you think an item's multipliers effect across all items of clothing you are wearing or just the item in question?

DonkeyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katpottz said:

@donkeykong: wow, thanks man! Do you think an item's multipliers effect across all items of clothing you are wearing or just the item in question?

I was wondering that too but I've not had a chance to test it out myself yet. My thinking is that if I have an item of clothing with a blank space for a perk, and I really want it the 'Damage Up' ability to take its place, for example. I could make my character wear a Squidforce hat and shoes and it'll increase the chances of that blank ability turning into what I want. It would save having to give 30k to that street urchin in the alley way lol

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DonkeyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@katpottz said:

Apparently the brand of the clothing effects the chances of what perks you get when you level them up:

The brands affect the chances of getting certain secondary abilities when you level your gear up. Most brand have one common ability (which is an ability that is five times more likely to appear), and an uncommon ability (which is an ability that has only half the chance to appear).

Amiibo, Cuttlegear, and KOG brands don't affect secondary abilities in any way.

Firefin - 5x chance for Ink Saver (Sub), 1/2 chance for Ink Recovery Sub

Forge - 5x chance for Special Duration Up, 1/2 chance for Ink Saver (Sub)

Inkline - 5x Defense Up, 1/2 Damage Up

Krak-On - 5x Swim Speed Up, 1/2 Defense Up

Rockenberg - 5x Run Speed Up, 1/2 Swim Speed Up

Skalop - 5x Quick Respawn, 1/2 Special Saver

Splash Mob - 5x Ink Saver (Main), 1/2 Run Speed Up

Squidforce - 5x Damage Up, 1/2 Ink Saver Main

Takoroka - 5x Special Charge Up, 1/2 Special Duration Up

Tentatek - 5x Ink Recovery Up, 1/2 Quick Super Jump

Zekko - 5x Special Saver, 1/2 Special Charge Up

Zink - 5x Quick Super Jump, 1/2 Quick Respawn

All info from the strategy guide.

From Gamefaqs

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805617-splatoon/71920352/822525977

oh shit, didn't know this!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.