Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Splatoon

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 29, 2015

A third-person shooter/platformer hybrid that lets players paint the environment in colored ink and turn into squids to quickly traverse it. Along with a solo adventure and local one-on-one multiplayer, the game's main focus is its 4-on-4 online multiplayer battles.

Workin day and night in Splatoon

RenegadeMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Was watching the Splatoon QL when I noticed something familiar. The BGM for that first the single player level in the Quicklook borrows a bass hook from Michael Jacksons "Workin Day and Night"

Thanks to the internet I found that particular song and looked for the hook.

First noticed at 2:04 is repeated throughout the song.

Here is a link to Workin day and night. https://youtu.be/a6P7aQtNpsA

I think Nintendo is ok here because there are no burp sounds in off the wall, its only the bass melody, and also because it's similar but not identical. Yet its similar enough to notice. IMO. Whoever scored this game is an MJ fan.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

When I read your topic title it got me thinking that a day night cycle would be pretty cool. I'd like to splat people by moonlight... winning love by daylight. Never running from a real fight, she is the one named Sailor Moon. Okay I'm done.

Anyway, yeah that sounds cool. I really like the music in this game I don't mind if it's borrowed from Michael Jackson.

RenegadeMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it more without even playing it because it has 5 seconds of something that sort of sounds like a song from "Off the wall"

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If a game emulates the feeling of MJ's soul-disco-funk music in their own way, I'm all over that. It's my fave. Some nice, clean and funky bass and drums, maybe some strings and brass as well...damn. Makes me sad more games don't do that as often (never mind modern music). It's the reason I'm loving the direction Meguro is taking Persona 5's music.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No, THEIRS goes ding ding ding duh duh ding ding, ding ding ding duh duh ding ding, that's the way theirs goes -- OURS goes ding ding ding duh duh ding ding, ding ding ding ding duh duh ding ding.

It's not the same.

RenegadeMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.