Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Splatterhouse

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 23, 2010

Splatterhouse revisits Rick Taylor as he tries to rescue his girlfriend Jennifer from the evil clutches of Dr. West. In the process, he must battle against evil beings known as the "Corrupted" in bloody and brutal combat.

Splatterhouse for 360

Downsize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Downsize

Forum topics here on Giantbomb on this game seem to be mostly related on skeptics.

So I'm starting a new thread based on us who've actually played past the 2nd level.  Well, how is it?  Being an old fan from the Turbografx-16 version,  I love it.  The game isnt perfect.  But once you adjust to the games nuances, it's all good.  also,  upgrading is important part early in the game.  Upgrading the wrong power may break the game.  Health, Fast Combos, etc.  is more important early than let's say upgrading damage to weapons picked up.  Whatever.  The music is somewhat fitting,  with deathmetal tracks ongoing on intense pars,  the Jessica photos keeps your exploring mood satisfying.  

Still on Easy difficulty myself and have not finished it yet,  I'd say this is definitly a game worth buying.  There's plenty of DLC for it,,  and achievements.  Well thats the thing.  You wont see your score here over 100 until well after a few hours.  Seems the devs want you to spend time with the game.  Incentive enough for me.  Although Im not an achievement whore myself.  The game is solid enough to warrant multiple playthroughs and better yet,  putting the disc back in your 360 tray even after 1-2 uses.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dimsey

The DLC for it isn't really worth while though. 
    A couple more arenas to kill the same dudes in with no real incentive to do so except to kill more stuff, which to me is fine but I don't think most folk will find it worth grabbing. Oh and some kinda shitty alternate masks, I guess.
    That said I do enjoy the game a great deal - but I can get why it's generally disliked. Splatterhouse just pushes all my right buttons for me personally.
    If I get the craving to rip dudes apart and from time to time I do - I'll do it in the arenas but the story isn't exactly worth experiencing twice, though that being said I might go through again on hard for the achievement and a couple others I missed.

Downsize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Downsize
     The DLC for it isn't really worth while though.  

Thanks for letting me know,  I did DL the classic mask for a mere buck.  Retro reasons.

A couple more arenas to kill the same dudes in with no real incentive to do so except to kill more stuff, which to me is fine but I don't think most folk will find it worth grabbing. Oh and some kinda shitty alternate masks, I guess.  

I get it,  the arenas have recycled enemies over and over.   

but the story isn't exactly worth experiencing twice, though that being said I might go through again on hard for the achievement and a couple others I missed.  

Yeah exactly.  For achievements purposes sit through the story.  I'm trying so hard not to be an achievement whore.  I really am, like an alcoholic sitting in front of 10 shots of  Bacardi,  but I feel this game deserves more attention and less negativity.  

Good gaming experience.
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @Downsize said:
    " Forum topics here on Giantbomb on this game seem to be mostly related on skeptics.  So I'm starting a new thread based on us who've actually played past the 2nd level.  Well, how is it?  Being an old fan from the Turbografx-16 version,  I love it.  The game isnt perfect.  But once you adjust to the games nuances, it's all good.  also,  upgrading is important part early in the game.  Upgrading the wrong power may break the game.  Health, Fast Combos, etc.  is more important early than let's say upgrading damage to weapons picked up.  Whatever.  The music is somewhat fitting,  with deathmetal tracks ongoing on intense pars,  the Jessica photos keeps your exploring mood satisfying.    Still on Easy difficulty myself and have not finished it yet,  I'd say this is definitly a game worth buying.  There's plenty of DLC for it,,  and achievements.  Well thats the thing.  You wont see your score here over 100 until well after a few hours.  Seems the devs want you to spend time with the game.  Incentive enough for me.  Although Im not an achievement whore myself.  The game is solid enough to warrant multiple playthroughs and better yet,  putting the disc back in your 360 tray even after 1-2 uses. "

It's an interesting game.  The graphics, which seem to be cell-shaded
    & the way the game looks & how you move around is nicely done.  I think
    the game's biggest fault is how shitty it feels in the first mission you play.
    It doesn't do any upgrades & you just end up dying over & over & wondering
    "what the fuck do I do to get past this?!?"   Just a couple of rooms into the 
    game & I was starting to wonder if the game was worth playing further or 
    just quitting outright.

All of that constant dying from just a few hits reminded me so much of
    Too Human!  However, I went online & read a few strategies, then realized
    that in just a short amount of time I'd be strong enough to handle the combat.
    And that's pretty much how it worked out so far.

I want to S-rank the game, so I am reading an achievement guide. I'm
    starting my first game in Savage mode, not Coward mode like you're doing.
    I'll be lucky if I can find the time to play through the game a second time on
    Brutal, but I hope so.  All of the upgrades should make Brutal easier to handle
    too.  I HATE collectibles which is one of the reasons I'm looking at the guides.
    I don't want to find myself in that situation where I've got all but a few & now
    not sure which ones I'm missing later on, so trying to get all of them the first
    time around & be done with it.

Despite it being just a hyper-arcade game, the graphics look amazing & the
    whole tongue-in-cheek creep storyline make it pretty entertaining & worth
    owning or playing through.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.