Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spore

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 07, 2008

Simulate the development and progression of an alien species as it evolves from a single-celled organism to a sapient level, rises up through various stages of civilization, and eventually becomes a space-faring species.

Will Spore Run on My Laptop???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tec3297

I have an ATI Radeon X1200 video card, I see below that model and above that model.
    Also I have installed Creature Creator and it seems to work (except it takes a LONG time for textures to load)

What do you guys thing...will it run?

Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Balls

I think the more important question is why would you play it on your laptop? Spore is one of those games that only appeals to intellectuals. Not gamers.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By xruntime
    Balls said:
    "I think the more important question is why would you play it on your laptop? Spore is one of those games that only appeals to intellectuals. Not gamers."
    Eh what? Now, video games are pretty stupid, but why is Spore a smart game? It takes basic cognitive and logical skills. 
    Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Balls

Yeah, and gamers don't do that shit. When was the last time you met a gamer that wasn't throwing away his life playing videos games? Duh

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Otacon
    Balls said:
    "I think the more important question is why would you play it on your laptop? Spore is one of those games that only appeals to intellectuals. Not gamers."
    Ok so gamers aren't intellectuals, The poster above you could be a graduate in philosophy and science for all you know. Spore is for everyone even if its basis is on the evolutionary theory of panspermia (internet cookie to someone who can tell me what that is) it doesn't mean normal guys can't play it and have fun.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Gizmo

Im playing it on a 384 MB RAM Amd Mobile Sempron with a Ati Radeon X200M. This piece of shit gets 25 consisent frames per second on Spore. Btw, I got the leaked copy of Spore, and,well, it aint that great.

Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Balls
    Otacon said:
    "Balls said:
    Ok so gamers aren't intellectuals, The poster above you could be a graduate in philosophy and science for all you know. Spore is for everyone even if its basis is on the evolutionary theory of panspermia (internet cookie to someone who can tell me what that is) it doesn't mean normal guys can't play it and have fun."
    I'm pretty sure he's not. Let me give you an example. Every single person I know that plays video games has a shit job and is dumb as a bag of bricks. Me included. IMy shit job is picking up screaming kids in a big yellow bus and knocking up my wife. I barely passed high school and I'm one of the smarter gamers out there.
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Otacon

Oh yeah and to answer TC's question, I would think the game would run on low settings.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xruntime

I wouldn't call myself stupid, and I know many smart gamers with good jobs. You're probably talking about some of the more hardcore gamers...

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HitNRun
    Balls said:
    "Yeah, and gamers don't do that shit. When was the last time you met a gamer that wasn't throwing away his life playing videos games? Duh"
    If you're looking for a higher caliber of person and citizen to be playing Spore with you, you're going to heavily disappointed.
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Otacon

I'd actually say a lot of people I know who are gamers are very intelligent. Ultimate hardcore gamers may be different though, the leave school to play Guitar Hero type.

Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Balls
    xruntime said:
    "I wouldn't call myself stupid, and I know many smart gamers with good jobs. You're probably talking about some of the more hardcore gamers..."
    What's your job?
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Otacon

Well actually I'm a university student right now.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xruntime
    Balls said:
    "xruntime said:
    "I wouldn't call myself stupid, and I know many smart gamers with good jobs. You're probably talking about some of the more hardcore gamers..."
    What's your job?"
    I'm a student
    Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Balls

So you're unemployed. Thank you for proving my point. Your current income is -$6000 to -$30,000 a year. Congrats.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xruntime
    Balls said:
    "So you're unemployed. Thank you for proving my point. Your current income is -$6000 to -$30,000 a year. Congrats."
    Uhm....okay...

I still am pretty intelligent...

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Otacon

My point really is that it's a massive demographic, and Spore is the kind of game that brings in even more people who aren't gamers so you can't tar them all with the same brush. I suppose there is a lot of proof with the penis monsters though.

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By tec3297
    Otacon said:
    "Oh yeah and to answer TC's question, I would think the game would run on low settings."

Thanks for acutally answering my question...

Balls said:

I have a laptop because I am a student and need something portable to bring to school.  And no before you say it I am not unemployed and I work a 25 to 35 hour a week job.
    Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Balls
    xruntime said:
    "Balls said:
    "So you're unemployed. Thank you for proving my point. Your current income is -$6000 to -$30,000 a year. Congrats."
    Uhm....okay...

"
    If you were smart you'd be making money right now. Have you seen JAMA's numbers on income compared between collegiates and non collegiates? If you include the time wasted and money spent then on average non-collegiates make 5% more money during their lifetime than collegiates.
    AdamBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AdamBomb

I laughed hard and this thread.. Not because of the Question but because of how it has devolved into a question of intelligence and paychecks.

BTW dued's name is Balls. Wow and Ha. Balls the Busdriver? yeahh.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xruntime
    Balls said:
    "xruntime said:
    "Balls said:
    Uhm....okay...

"
    If you were smart you'd be making money right now. Have you seen JAMA's numbers on income compared between collegiates and non collegiates? If you include the time wasted and money spent then on average non-collegiates make 5% more money during their lifetime than collegiates."
    Wait - you're telling me people with only a high school diploma make more? You have anything to back that up (a link)?
    Anyways, to be honest, I don't really care about money, so long as I'm not scrounging to pay the bills. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.