Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Square Enix

Company »

A Japanese video game company that is best known for the development of role-playing games. It is the result of a merger between two separate video game companies, Square and Enix. Its subsidiaries include Taito and Eidos.

Square Enix Lifetime Sales Figures

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided
    Square Enix have posted the lifetime sales for it's major franchises. These figures include multiple platform releases, remakes, as well as handheld spin-offs and recent downloadable games. To sum them up it perfectly crudely, Square Enix have made a sh*t load of money.

• Final Fantasy: 85 million (units)
    • Dragon Quest: 47 million
    • Tomb Raider: 30 million*
    • Kingdom Hearts: 12 million
    • Hitman: 8 million*

*These are recent acquisitions via the buy up of UK based Eidos

source:
    http://www.square-enix.com/eng/pdf/news/20090422_02en.pdf

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PureRok

Almost 200 million there, Square.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64
    Ossi said:
    "Yay for Kingdom Hearts!"
    Agreed.
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Axersia

Aren't there any Taito franchises that deserve to be up there? (perhaps Space Invaders -- one of the most popular arcade game of all time). Square Enix owns them as well, after all.

I'm a bit saddened that Dragon Quest is lagging behind so much. A few years back DQ was also in the 40s but FF was still in the 60s. Of course, DQ is still more popular than FF in Japan which is why they delayed FFXIII in favor of DQIX (yeah, seems totally bananas in the Western world, doesn't it?).

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By PureRok
    Axersia said:
    "Aren't there any Taito franchises that deserve to be up there? (perhaps Space Invaders -- one of the most popular arcade game of all time). Square Enix owns them as well, after all.I'm a bit saddened that Dragon Quest is lagging behind so much. A few years back DQ was also in the 40s but FF was still in the 60s. Of course, DQ is still more popular than FF in Japan which is why they delayed FFXIII in favor of DQIX (yeah, seems totally bananas in the Western world, doesn't it?)."
    I actually like DQ more than FF these days. Dragon Quest VIII is better than any Final Fantasy I've played from the PS1 era onward.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Axersia said:
    "Aren't there any Taito franchises that deserve to be up there? (perhaps Space Invaders -- one of the most popular arcade game of all time). Square Enix owns them as well, after all.I'm a bit saddened that Dragon Quest is lagging behind so much. A few years back DQ was also in the 40s but FF was still in the 60s. Of course, DQ is still more popular than FF in Japan which is why they delayed FFXIII in favor of DQIX (yeah, seems totally bananas in the Western world, doesn't it?)."

Those figures were not published as far as I can make out, only the top five which I have posted. 

http://www.square-enix.com/eng/pdf/news/20090422_02en.pdf

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

What about Grandia. Sure they destroyed it, but the original still is grand.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Fantastic, also I didn't know hitman games sold that much.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Karmum

Didn't expect Kingdom Hearts to sell that much, and kind of expected Final Fantasy to be up that high.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.