Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

Let's raise the level cap to 11!

Waffle_House

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Waffle_House

I just seen this on the ssx facebook page.
    http://www.facebook.com/events/411060138907327/
    It basically says that they're holding a two week global event to try and get 50,000 people to join, and if both versions reach 50,000 they'll raise the level cap and create new gear to go along with it.

So if you're down just go to the Vorassay mountain in the Alps. You should be down though because it's free.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By NickL

Seems like a cool way to get people back.

I'm sure they took a massive hit from ME3 coming out and it looks like people didn't go back to SSX after that game on my friends list.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By jacksukeru

I just got the game today, haven't played it yet but I'm game.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

I wish this sort of thing happened more often.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By jacdg

God, I haven't played this game for almost two weeks now, a shame, because it's fantastic.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

I'm gonna get deep back into this now that ME3 has come and gone. It's kinda awesome that they're potentially adding new loot though. Too bad I just spend like 2+ million credits on a level 10 legendary tricks board with a cool N7 design on it.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By jaycrockett

There's an achievement for that as well, isn't there? I wondered how they were going to pull that off.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ares42

@jaycrockett said:

There's an achievement for that as well, isn't there? I wondered how they were going to pull that off.

Ye, sorta. There's medal for getting all the badges in each category and one of the medals is participate in an event with 50k participants. I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the motivation behind this, as they probably were a bit over-ambitious with that medal and it would be quite unfortunate (or maybe even sony/MS doesn't like it) if there is achievements that are impossible to do.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By stackboy

This is good news. Getting plenty of my characters close to level 10. They will raise it above 11, surely.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@Ares42 said:

@jaycrockett said:

Ye, sorta. There's medal for getting all the badges in each category and one of the medals is participate in an event with 50k participants. I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the motivation behind this, as they probably were a bit over-ambitious with that medal and it would be quite unfortunate (or maybe even sony/MS doesn't like it) if there is achievements that are impossible to do.

Yeah, during the first week there was one event that hit 50,000 people. I made sure to get in on that because I figured that number would never be reached again.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshthebear

@PeasantAbuse

@Ares42 said:

@jaycrockett said:

Yeah, during the first week there was one event that hit 50,000 people. I made sure to get in on that because I figured that number would never be reached again.

I got that medal during the same event as I thought it might never happen again. I'm really hoping they up the cap more than just one later on.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

How about 50,000 people join, and they fill in all of the murder holes?  Still an awesome game, though.  Don't get me wrong.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@SpaceInsomniac said:

How about 50,000 people join, and they fill in all of the murder holes? Still an awesome game, though. Don't get me wrong.

My biggest problem with the game by FAR. Drives me crazy.

This is cool as hell though, will be doing this.

lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By lightsoda

I'm in, I wont be playing ME3 for a while.

monssfisch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By monssfisch

It looks like the 360 event is going to break 50k in the next hour or so, with over 4 days left. Anyone know how the PS3 event is shaping up?

streetninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By streetninja

From the Let's Try to Get the 50,000 Riders Global Events Badge! Facebook Page:

Great work everyone! We'll have more details about Level 11 shortly.
    Waffle_House

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Waffle_House
    @monssfisch: Apparently we did it! The devs said that they'd give some more info about the new level cap soon.
    Now i might finally have a use for the 12 million credits i have saved up now. :)
    mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mustachio

When you're on the character select screen, highlight a character already at level 10 and you'll see a prompt at the bottom to pay a million credits to unlock level 11. Looks like it might take a fair number of runs to hit 11, though. It'll be interesting to see what the gear is like.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.