Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 15, 2008

A prequel to the open-world first-person shooter S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. Set a year before the events of the first game, Clear Sky follows a new character, Scar, through the Zone.

No review !?!?!?

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By xruntime

It's been only five days since it was released, but it doesn't seem to me that GiantBomb has even considered reviewing this game. They haven't even mentioned it....are they going to review it? It's a *big* AAA title! More people bought the first game in this series than they did Crysis 1.

Games STALKER has outsold:

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TimeWaffle

they mentioned it on the bombcast but i don't think they will review it

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

I don't consider it to be a Big Triple-A title...I really enjoyed the first after I finally got to play it and I've been looking forward to this one too, but I never hear as many PC gamers talking about it as much as other games out there. You also need to remember that the staff is relatively small and they won't be able to review every single game that comes out. Maybe at some point they will accept a few members of the community to write for some games...who knows.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By xruntime
    Kush said:
    "I don't consider it to be a Big Triple-A title...I really enjoyed the first after I finally got to play it and I've been looking forward to this one too, but I never hear as many PC gamers talking about it as much as other games out there. You also need to remember that the staff is relatively small and they won't be able to review every single game that comes out. Maybe at some point they will accept a few members of the community to write for some games...who knows."
    That's definitely true, but I'm wondering why they decided to review an obscure title like the Strong Bad game and not this.

On the contrary, I've seen it mentioned a lot in the PC forums at Gamespot, and here as well.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kush
    xruntime said:
    "That's definitely true, but I'm wondering why they decided to review an obscure title like the Strong Bad game and not this.

On the contrary, I've seen it mentioned a lot in the PC forums at Gamespot, and here as well.
    "
    Who knows why...they could be rather busy right now too. They just recently changed the site layout, they could be working on getting ads up soon. Also the Strong Bad game is not as big of a game and wouldn't take nearly as much time to review (in my opinion). There hasn't been a Crysis Warhead review either...I may be very wrong, but I don't think any of the staff members are huge PC gamers either (at least in comparison to their console play).
    Daeica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Daeica

WARNING: MAYBE SPOILER!? CAUTION - DETAILED INFORMATION (Well, somewhat... okay vague, I didn't want to spoil it so I cut out names and such)

Just gotten through the game myself, and I understand them for not having a review out so soon. Personally I'd have to play it through twice round about, to make a fair judgement of the game, because of it's depth and longivity.
    To put it simply; you HAVE to try atleast two different paths to see if you can complete the game either way, if they have any impact on eachother and how it alters the game. During half-time you have to make a profoundly radical choice between A and B, and from what I can tell on first play-through, there's no middle ground or going around it. That alone is atleast 5 hours of gameplay added.

The difficulty of this game is varied at best, and murderously unforgiving at worst (Mind you, thats AFTER you turned the difficulty down to Novice) There are simply stretches in this game that'll take you somewhere between 3 and tearing-out-your-hair-frustration X amount of quick-loads to get through. Between your gun missing, you getting pushed out of the way by your team mates, your gun locking up, running out of ammo, reload animatio moves your cursor off target, grenade flickers your screen, trying to reach medkit/bandage at the OTHER end of the keyboard (yes I'm aware that you can just make some different hotkeys, I likw it RAW) and lag preventing split-second reations, you have to get up a fair amount of times and stop playing, unless you want to sacrifice 5 years of your life due to stress.

Add that to the many repeatable tasks, continues cries for help, and "Should I go there or there in 3 seconds to save 6 strangers from certain doom" there's a fair amount of complexity to all this. NPC's takes time to get from point A to B, usually moving in patrols, which isn't exactly up to the player's movement speed, especially after tracking 10km because you couldn't afford the guide, leaves you alone and running into a fair amount of these encounters, some which you simply cannot ignore because you need the NPC's to stay alive for another task.

Ohh yeah, and the objectives that never resolve, saying "Capture this area" with you and 2 of your team mates standing in the middle of Lars Tyndskids mark without any hostile of any form within the whole damn map looking at the damned captured area, which you effortlesly walked over and stood on unopposed.

Mind you,some of  these are all minor complaints as they don't come into play until late-game, and with patching will be fixed proper. The idea is there, and it's definately a better, smoother and steamlined (For the better) S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Though, as someone (I think Brad) pointed out, a game is reviewed as is, and that could result in a lower-than-desirved score (say 3 out of 5 stars) due to some of the gamehalting problems, such as the above mentioned.

Personally I'd give it 4 out of 5 as of Retail version.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Milkman

I think they might review it soon. Vinny seemed interested during the Bombcast.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeadlyPain

this is a great game - its running like a charm on my system, afew pauses when going into a main town prehaps, but runs ahell of alot more stable then the first one

the storyline is also great when compared to other games that its outsold ;)

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By xplodedd

they might hold on until stability issues get fixed.

irishjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By irishjohn

In fairness, I think they'll review it if they feel like it, plain and simple.  They have endeavoured to build this site on a basis of community interaction.  Obviously, a AAA title implies some sense of obligation, but Giantbomb can't and isn't particularly willing to compete with major review sites.

It is a pity though; I trust the reviews here more than at most places.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Whats S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ?

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Demilich

I can't see them reviewing this. If they had they would have done it by now.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

First off...don't use "units shipped" as a basis for anything, OP.  Just because they shipped doesn't mean they've sold.

Second off...the first game was sweet.  Second game probably is as well.  Will GB review it?  It's only four guys, and they still need to make us some Luchadeer merch, so who knows?
    Daeica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Daeica
    jakob187 said:
    "First off...don't use "units shipped" as a basis for anything, OP.  Just because they shipped doesn't mean they've sold.
    Second off...the first game was sweet.  Second game probably is as well.  Will GB review it?  It's only four guys, and they still need to make us some Luchadeer merch, so who knows?
    "
    Actually, if you read it says Sold & Shipped, follow the footnote from the wiki, and you end up with the actual site citing the 2 Million copies sold. But no, generally a bad idea.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: 2.000.000 copies sold

3 September 2008

GSC Game World announces its S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl has sold 1 million copies worldwide and 1 million licensed copies in ex-USSR countries.

"We are very pleased that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. became so popular among players from all over the world, - said GSC Game World CEO Sergiy Grygorovych. – S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is more than just a game now. Financial success will allow us to develop S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in different directions as a brand."

Secondly, you're absolutely right, I want my stuffed Luchadeer teddy aswell.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.